Home Screen Widget - speed dial??

mikehalfogre

Reaction score
My apologies if this has been posted, not much luck in finding it. I just got a Droid2 from Verizon 2 days ago and on the top of one home screen panel there are 4 blue tabs with headshots in them. I have assigned some names to them trying to figure out what it is, now I need to change them and have had no luck in discovering settings for them or how to modify what I put in there without deleting a contact.

They appear to be a sort of speed dial widget, but I cant find a settings button or configuration for them. Does anyone have instructions that will allow me to modify what I had assigned to them without losing the contact information? Or the name of the widget?

Thanks in advance!!
mike

elcompaLalo

Reaction score
Those are the contact quick something widgets from the stock launcher. I can't recall how to edit them (I'm runnin LPP), but you could always longpress and drag them to the trashcan. You will not delete any info from your contacts and can always start from scratch by just adding another one of those widgets.

OP
M

mikehalfogre

Reaction score
Thanks, that did the trick. But now I have to figure out how to make it not show an add at the bottom of each one :)

android -- fun and frustrating at the same time LOL

OP
M

mikehalfogre

Reaction score
figured it out -- just re-size the widget to make the extra's disappear :)