Home screen shortcuts to files

Noidguy

Reaction score
I have a couple of Excel files on my Droid that I need to view on a regular basis. I used ASTRO to make a folder on the SD card that I store them in.

Is there a way to make a shortcut icon on my home screen that, if I touch them, will take me directly to the file and open it in the viewer without having to open ASTRO, select the folder, then the file to open them?

bmoons

Reaction score
i have been looking for something that does the same thing. OI File Manager doesn't have the option and neither does FolderOrganizer lite. have you found any solutions since your post last year? thanks!

Reaction score
have you tried adding a shortcut to a screen and choosing astro. i think you can have a shortcut to any file you want..just set the default to whatever opens it if it asks.

rjax

Reaction score
have you tried adding a shortcut to a screen and choosing astro. i think you can have a shortcut to any file you want..just set the default to whatever opens it if it asks.

Yep, one one of the under-publicized features of Astro. You can actually even add a folder shortcut by long-pressing the folder when you're in the special Astro interface you get from choosing it as a shortcut to add to your home screen.

bmoons

Reaction score

i never tried Astro but i just did and it worked! thank you for the tip!!