Home Screen Replacement - Gravity Home (lite.free)

REMilk

Reaction score
This is one of a series of brief postings on Home Screen Replacements. This review is based on the version that was available in the App Market during the period October 22, 2011 through October 31, 2011. The posting contains my personal view of the Home Screen Replacement. These were all reviewed on my Droid 3. If you like this Home Screen Replacement, please post and describe what you like about it. If you do not like this Home Screen Replacement, then please describe what you do not like about it and/or what you think needs to be changed to improve it. Just saying something like “I like it” or “It sucks” provides not much in the way of information to those with an interest of finding out more about this Home Screen Replacement.

Gravity Home (lite/free)

Gravity Home is a “fun” approach to home screen replacement that follows the laws of gravity. It offers smooth performance. Some of the customizable features include:
- Select custom app list to show in the live wallpaper
- Change app icons size
- Lock icons only in home screen (only affecting 1 desktop)
- Adjust Gravity
- Adjust friction
- Adjust elasticity

Its uniqueness is based on the laws of gravity. The icons for your apps follow the laws of gravity and depending on the phone’s orientation fall in that direction. I remember the old ‘follow the cursor’ sites; I did not like them and this falls into that same category. I found the gravity action cute for a few minutes, then distracting. Some folks are reporting high cpu usage with this app. I did not use it long enough to verify these claims.

I had no problems setting up Gravity Home and customizing it for my usage. I see it is as a ‘conversation starter’. Many folks like it and others may like this unique approach to a home screen replacement.

NoBloatware

Reaction score
I won't even try this launcher because it requires Internet access.