1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Home Screen Refreshing Question

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by SL-1200, Jun 16, 2010.

1. SL-1200

SL-1200 New Member

Hey everyone, I asked this over in the Hacking Help section but didn't get any response. Here is a copy/paste of my question. Thanks for any input!

Just wondering how, why and possibly what can be done about the home screen refreshing after exiting certain apps. Like if I'm in SetCPU and exit; all my shortcuts, widgets and app drawer will refresh or reset and it takes a second to refresh (they will pop back up individually. Try and also swipe through home screens after exiting, a little choppy for me at least). Any way to reduce how often this happens? I understand that it may be the way the OS refreshes itself so it doesn't lag overall but wondering if it can be controllable. I hope that makes sense, I can surely try to explain in other ways. Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks!
  2. mwhartman

mwhartman Super Moderator/RS Premium Member

I remember reading about this in a previous thread several months ago. Not positive but I believe the issue was due to having a task killer installed. If you have one, remove it and see if that rectifies the problem.

Mike
  3. jaed569

jaed569 New Member

Taskkiller / Taskpanel is a possibility. I've had the same issue and I think it could also be that there is not enough free RAM to display the icons quickly enough.

I believe that everytime you page back home it re-populates the homescreen but it is usually so quick that you don't notice it.
  4. SL-1200

SL-1200 New Member

Thanks for the response guys! Yea, I don't run task killers, definitely been there before. Yea it does refresh rather quickly but sometimes it seems like it doesn't refresh but is already loaded when you back out of most apps and then some apps will cause it to completely re-populate.
  5. brando56894

brando56894 New Member

Ive noticed that too, but now Im running jrummys latest kangerade (froyo) and 95% of the time it completely obliterates any lag time on the home screen!
  6. SL-1200

SL-1200 New Member

^Nice, yea I reinstalled stock Froyo and it's definitely better. I may have to check out Kangerade. I love Pete's work as well!
Search tags for this page

any.do screen keeps refreshing on android

droid 3 home screen refresh

droid refreshing home screen automatically

galaxy s4 screen keeps refreshing

home screen android refreshes constantly

how to stop my android phone from constantly refreshing

why does my android phone keep refreshing home screen?

why my phone keeps refreshing