home screen redraws even with code

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by stabl4life82, Oct 17, 2010.

1. stabl4life82

stabl4life82 New Member

Ok I have put the code that was given in my phone and it still is lagging again...I have cleared dalvich cache, made sure the code was in /data/local.prop also.....I don't have many widgets...I usually keep my setcpu on the main profile set to 1200 max and 1100 minimum and never hardly ever have a problem but when I switch it to 1200 max and 300 min it seems to do it a lot coming from browser apps etc....I have it set on interactive and I have had it ondemand before with the same problem also....what could be the issue? My phone not c@atching back uo to 1200 quick enough to restore it?
  2. SGTiger

SGTiger New Member

How much free memory do you have? What home app are you using?
  3. stabl4life82

stabl4life82 New Member

im using launcher pro and 16 percent free before i use memory booster and after 25 percent
  4. garrett

garrett Active Member Theme Developer Developer

get rid of memory booster its not needed.

if you have any task killers get rid of those.... all they do is kill battery life and slow down your phone.
  5. patmw123

patmw123 New Member

Download minfreemanager from the market it's free. Open the app press menu>presets>choose aggressive >then press menu>apply then menu>apply at boot. This should help
  6. stabl4life82

stabl4life82 New Member

oh i dont have any task killers...and i dont run memory booster at al times only when i need more memory and then i disable it...but ill check into that one cause i had heard that it worked and didnt mess with battery..only certain widgets and task killers but im def gonna check into it...thanks
  7. garrett

garrett Active Member Theme Developer Developer

i dont have any personal experience with that app itself but i do know most of those apps are bogus.

the android stock memory management is one of the best if not the best out there. Let it work how it was designed.
  8. stabl4life82

stabl4life82 New Member

well i uninstalled it to see what goes on now..lol..
  9. SGTiger

SGTiger New Member

Listen to patmw123. Minfreemanager is not a task killer. It is the only thing that helped screen draw delay problems that I was having with Launcher Pro.
  10. stabl4life82

stabl4life82 New Member

ok im gonna try it
  11. MillionsKnives

MillionsKnives New Member

I use Auto Memory Manager on Aggressive which is essentially the same thing as MinFreeManager, only it's higher rated. I still have redraw issues when returning to home from intensive apps like Car Home.
  12. SGTiger

SGTiger New Member

I no longer have any issues after using minfreemanager. Minfreemanager does no task killing like your automemorymanager does. Auto ask killing is counterproductive as any of 100 threads on this website will attest. Minfreemanager changes settings in the Android operating system's built in memory manager.
  13. Bob Dammit

Bob Dammit DF Super Moderator

OP, try taking the setCPU widget off your home screen and see if that helps your redraw issue. I think you get caught in a performance change (processor ramping up), while you're loading the launcher, AND the widget is refreshing, and its too much for your phone to handle.
  14. MillionsKnives

MillionsKnives New Member

"AMM gives people who have rooted their phones the ability to modify Android’s threshold for closing applications when it is low on memory. There are 6 levels of threshold which apps are grouped into depending on their out-of-memory priority. The idea is simple: if the memory goes below a threshold then applications that have out-of-memory priorities in that grouping then they will get shut downed from low to high."

I dont see how this is any different than what MinFreeManager does, which allows you to change the settings for "Androids automatic memory cleaning routines".
  15. SGTiger

SGTiger New Member

As you can see before you posted this reply I modified my post. Was hoping I got it done in time. Apparently I didn't. When I saw that AMM does task killing I didn't see that it also duplicated some of what minfreemanager does. I don't agree with the task killing part of AMM but the other option is similar to minfreemanager. Sorry for jumping the gun.
  16. JohnnytheK

JohnnytheK Well-Known Member

OK for me too, but what do the numbers mean?
    Or should I just look at the blinking lights not worry about it?
  17. tameone

tameone New Member

Do you get redraws if you disable automatic screen rotation on homescreen? Do you ever use the homescreen in landscape?
  18. stabl4life82

stabl4life82 New Member

i have auto screen unchecked so it doesnt rotate unless i open my phone keyboard, i have done the build.prop, i have the setcpu widget on a diff home screen other than my default one... i downloaded minifreemanager and it still does it...the only way it stops is if i set my cpu to main 1200 max and 1100 min instead of 1200 max and 300 min....and i am on interactive on all profiles

bob? do u mean take it off my whole entire homescreen pages in general or just the main one i go to for default?....
  19. stabl4life82

stabl4life82 New Member

i always get a split second redraw when changing landscape when opening my phone and closing it..but not bad with that in general..and that is only with the clock widget i have that ud installed on his new rom..but that isnt really the big issue..its when i go home, it will redraw for seconds at a time