home screen redraws even with code

stabl4life82

Reaction score
Ok I have put the code that was given in my phone and it still is lagging again...I have cleared dalvich cache, made sure the code was in /data/local.prop also.....I don't have many widgets...I usually keep my setcpu on the main profile set to 1200 max and 1100 minimum and never hardly ever have a problem but when I switch it to 1200 max and 300 min it seems to do it a lot coming from browser apps etc....I have it set on interactive and I have had it ondemand before with the same problem also....what could be the issue? My phone not c@atching back uo to 1200 quick enough to restore it?

SGTiger

Reaction score
Ok I have put the code that was given in my phone and it still is lagging again...I have cleared dalvich cache, made sure the code was in /data/local.prop also.....I don't have many widgets...I usually keep my setcpu on the main profile set to 1200 max and 1100 minimum and never hardly ever have a problem but when I switch it to 1200 max and 300 min it seems to do it a lot coming from browser apps etc....I have it set on interactive and I have had it ondemand before with the same problem also....what could be the issue? My phone not c@atching back uo to 1200 quick enough to restore it?

How much free memory do you have? What home app are you using?

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
get rid of memory booster its not needed.

if you have any task killers get rid of those.... all they do is kill battery life and slow down your phone.

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Download minfreemanager from the market it's free. Open the app press menu>presets>choose aggressive >then press menu>apply then menu>apply at boot. This should help

OP
stabl4life82

stabl4life82

Reaction score
oh i dont have any task killers...and i dont run memory booster at al times only when i need more memory and then i disable it...but ill check into that one cause i had heard that it worked and didnt mess with battery..only certain widgets and task killers but im def gonna check into it...thanks

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
i dont have any personal experience with that app itself but i do know most of those apps are bogus.

the android stock memory management is one of the best if not the best out there. Let it work how it was designed.

SGTiger

Reaction score
Listen to patmw123. Minfreemanager is not a task killer. It is the only thing that helped screen draw delay problems that I was having with Launcher Pro.

Reaction score
I use Auto Memory Manager on Aggressive which is essentially the same thing as MinFreeManager, only it's higher rated. I still have redraw issues when returning to home from intensive apps like Car Home.

SGTiger

Reaction score
I still have redraw issues when returning to home from intensive apps like Car Home.

I no longer have any issues after using minfreemanager. Minfreemanager does no task killing like your automemorymanager does. Auto ask killing is counterproductive as any of 100 threads on this website will attest. Minfreemanager changes settings in the Android operating system's built in memory manager.

Bob Dammit

Super Moderator
Reaction score
OP, try taking the setCPU widget off your home screen and see if that helps your redraw issue. I think you get caught in a performance change (processor ramping up), while you're loading the launcher, AND the widget is refreshing, and its too much for your phone to handle.

Reaction score
You need to research before you make confusing statements. AutoMemoryManager is an automatic task killer and MinFreeManager is NOT. Automatic task killers are not helpful with Android. Read any of the 1000 threads here on this website regarding task killers to find out why that is. MinFreeManager changes key settings in the operating systems built in memory manager. It does not kill background apps/task.

"AMM gives people who have rooted their phones the ability to modify Android’s threshold for closing applications when it is low on memory. There are 6 levels of threshold which apps are grouped into depending on their out-of-memory priority. The idea is simple: if the memory goes below a threshold then applications that have out-of-memory priorities in that grouping then they will get shut downed from low to high."

I dont see how this is any different than what MinFreeManager does, which allows you to change the settings for "Androids automatic memory cleaning routines".

SGTiger

Reaction score
You need to research before you make confusing statements. AutoMemoryManager is an automatic task killer and MinFreeManager is NOT. Automatic task killers are not helpful with Android. Read any of the 1000 threads here on this website regarding task killers to find out why that is. MinFreeManager changes key settings in the operating systems built in memory manager. It does not kill background apps/task.

"AMM gives people who have rooted their phones the ability to modify Android’s threshold for closing applications when it is low on memory. There are 6 levels of threshold which apps are grouped into depending on their out-of-memory priority. The idea is simple: if the memory goes below a threshold then applications that have out-of-memory priorities in that grouping then they will get shut downed from low to high."

I dont see how this is any different than what MinFreeManager does, which allows you to change the settings for "Androids automatic memory cleaning routines".

As you can see before you posted this reply I modified my post. Was hoping I got it done in time. Apparently I didn't. When I saw that AMM does task killing I didn't see that it also duplicated some of what minfreemanager does. I don't agree with the task killing part of AMM but the other option is similar to minfreemanager. Sorry for jumping the gun.