Home screen, phone, contacts won't rotate to proper screen orientation

junker

Reaction score
I've searched the forums and this problem seems to come up several times a year.

2 days ago, my LG Ally was working fine. I sort-of noticed some odd behaviour last night, and now today I realize that the following screens won't auto rotate to the correct orientation:

Home Screens
Phone
Contacts
Call Log
Favorites

What's weird is that, say in Contacts, if I click on an actual entry, the screen then rotates and shows me the details.

I've done a hard reset to no avail.

I'm assuming that an automatic system upgrade was pushed out and broke the basic function of the Home and Phone screens. Anyone else?

Thanks

Frankenberry

Reaction score
I've searched the forums and this problem seems to come up several times a year.

2 days ago, my LG Ally was working fine. I sort-of noticed some odd behaviour last night, and now today I realize that the following screens won't auto rotate to the correct orientation:

Home Screens
Phone
Contacts
Call Log
Favorites

What's weird is that, say in Contacts, if I click on an actual entry, the screen then rotates and shows me the details.

I've done a hard reset to no avail.

I'm assuming that an automatic system upgrade was pushed out and broke the basic function of the Home and Phone screens. Anyone else?

Thanks

Yes same exact thing here, just noticed a few hours ago. I've been searching myself... no auto rotate on Home Screen, Dialer, Recent, Contacts and Favorites. Probably others but not for sure.

Most recent thing I installed was "Custom Car Home" app, trying to see if it was related or not. Will keep searching.