Home screen lag

markchen

Reaction score
I have been having home screen lag issues where all the widget and icon are very slow to load when exiting a application (memory intensive or not). I did a battery pull and the problem seems to go away for a few hours. Does anyone have any ideas?

Fr33dom

Reaction score
You should tell us what launcher you are using. Blur may be slower than ADW, Lanucher Pro, or Go Launcher.

OP
M

markchen

Reaction score
I am using the stock/default launcher.

Fr33dom

Reaction score
I think most would suggest trying one of the others I mentioned. You could try a factory reset, though thats probably an extreme move with no guarantee for success.

Note that moving to one of the other launcher will mean that any blur widgets that you are using like quick contacts will not be available.

OP
M

markchen

Reaction score
My phone is just a week old. I am guessing that the default launcher is very bad?

Fr33dom

Reaction score
I wouldn't call it bad, it just isn't as efficient as the others.

OP
M

markchen

Reaction score
Which launcher should I use or are the ones that you mentioned work almost the same?

Insidious

Reaction score
Just one thing you can still use blur widgets on a different launcher. The reason for th lag is because the blur on the D3 is ram intensive and motorola probably should've put a little more ram on it to keep blur running smoothly. Adw is a nice launcher.

SuperShaw42

Reaction score
I have been having home screen lag issues where all the widget and icon are very slow to load when exiting a application (memory intensive or not). I did a battery pull and the problem seems to go away for a few hours. Does anyone have any ideas?

Me too

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

OP
M

markchen

Reaction score
There are different opinions on which is best. I use Go Launcher.

I just installed Go Launcher and the lag time has greatly improved. Thank you much for the suggestion.

rygaul44

Reaction score
I've tried all of those and the fastest one by far in my opinion with the Droid 3 is the Launcher Pro, I'm waiting to buy the paid version, but I think it will be worth it.