Home Screen Lag

acles003

Reaction score
I have an Original Droid, 2.2 FRG22D. I am rooted but I dont have a custom rom or kernel because Im not sure how to do either. I dont know enough about how to do it, and there are so many options, its very confusing. When I have asked for help, people still use all the terminology thats over my head so I just gave up.

Anyway, the home screen lag is SO bad, I seriously have to stop myself from throwing my phone against a wall (and I have been unsuccessful at times in stopping myself). It honestly drives me f**king insane.

Also, every time I am on Wifi for an extended period of time and I switch back to 3G, I have to toggle my phone into Airplane Mode so that 3G will come back up.

Anyone have any advice for me?

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
There is an easy to follow guide that only requires root access and will stop the homescreen lag by 95% - all you need is a terminal emulator app - find one in the Market and I will find the guide for you

OP
acles003

acles003

Reaction score
Android Terminal Emulator by Jack Palevich or Terminal Emulator by ZTA Technologies?

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Here -
In a terminal type

su and enter
Then type echo ro.HOME_APP_ADJ=1 >> /data/local.prop and enter
Then type reboot and enter

Make sure the spaces are where you see them...for example after the two > there is a space before the /

Potty Time

Reaction score
Here -
In a terminal type

su and enter
Then type echo ro.HOME_APP_ADJ=1 >> /data/local.prop and enter
Then type reboot and enter

Make sure the spaces are where you see them...for example after the two > there is a space before the /
what exactly does dis do? i'd like to know what i'm doing before i do dis