home screen goes blank after unlocking

omega33655

Reaction score
hello guys and girls,

i was wondering if anyone else has had this issue since updating to 2.2.

i gotta tell ya, i like this phone much better over the iPhone..but it has its issues.

mines been DECENT, its buggy here and there.

since 2.2 my home screen will go blank for a second or two after i unlock it.

i am computer inclined yet ive been too busy lately to really study the droid.

i have a free task killer, is it worth PAYING for one?

im thinking that perhaps my phone isnt properly using its memory and im not doing a good job taking care of it.

any suggestions? dancedroid

no smart-a**es please :p

Last edited:

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
:welcome: to the forum!

Get rid of the task killer. Google says, and research has proven, that task killers are bad for Android. There's a built in one that works fine.

Also, what you're experiencing is called a redraw. The task killer may well be to blame, but a lot of people are experiencing them since the 2.2 update. If you're running an antivirus program get rid of it as well. You don't need one for Linux, and you REALLY don't need one for Android. :)

ezeStand

Reaction score
:welcome: to the forum!

Get rid of the task killer. Google says, and research has proven, that task killers are bad for Android. There's a built in one that works fine.

Also, what you're experiencing is called a redraw. The task killer may well be to blame, but a lot of people are experiencing them since the 2.2 update. If you're running an antivirus program get rid of it as well. You don't need one for Linux, and you REALLY don't need one for Android. :)

I was having the same issue. After removing ATK, my Droid is running perfectly! Thanks furbearingmammal!