Home Screen Flip Solution

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by vandal996, Jan 30, 2010.

1. vandal996

vandal996 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I may be a moron but if my droid is running "dock runner" the home screen flips and stays in landscape mode. I have full access to all screens and folders as well as apps.
    Is it really that easy. I carry a gun and cuff morons for a living so I may be wrong or this may be new but it works for me and I discovered it by accident.
    Swing away....

2. Corinacakes

Corinacakes Super Moderator
    Theme Developer

Ratings:
    +3
    :icon_eek: ermmm...i'm so happy for you?

EDIT: was this new thread an accident and you meant to respond to someone somewhere else?

EDIT AGAIN (LOL): welcome to the forum ... i'm Cakes :D i just noticed this was your first post :D

3. KZIWarrior

KZIWarrior Silver Member

Ratings:
    +2
    :welcome:
    ? not sure what you're tying to get at. The purpose of Dockrunner is to change the screen to landscape (as if it was in the dock). This is accomplished by the stock dock because of a magnet on the dock that activates the internal 'dock mode." If you like this (i.e. running in Landscape) and want more functionality try Home++. It's a HomeScreen replacement that will give you more choices than the Docking screen and it supports landscape on the HomeScreen.

4. CDB

CDB Member

Ratings:
    +0
    There's no 'may be' about it in my mind. You probably shouldn't be the one putting cuffs on others like your kind, nor should you be carrying a gun. It does sound like you need a healthy a$$ whoopin' to knock that ego down a couple steps. Or maybe you meant something else by "Swing away...".

#4 CDB, Jan 30, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2010
  5. KZIWarrior

KZIWarrior Silver Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Yes he did. He meant that 'if' it was a stupid question he was more than willing to take the flame posts and/or criticism for it. And until/unless you have the balls to put your life on the line protecting people SHOW SOME RESPECT or don't bother to say/post anything at all.

6. R1Lover

R1Lover Senior Member

Ratings:
    +0
    come on MODS, can you not see a spam bot when it's looking you in the eyes?

Yes this is a spam bot....

7. vandal996

vandal996 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well yes this was my first post and yes I was looking for a solution to the home screen not flipping. I had read the threads on the subject and never found an app that would allow landscape mode while the keyboard was closed. I was texting a friend and accidentally opened the dock runner program and had a landscape home page. I did not have time to go back and read all the threads on the subject again so I posted what I found so that people who are tech savy could weigh in on the subject with an intelligent and informed opinion on the matter. Thanks to those of you that did.

Thanks also for coming to my defense KZIWarrior. I figured I would be flamed if this was common knowledge. No big deal, I can take it.

CDB. It has been my experience that people that present the attitude that you have usually have had a bad experience with law enforcement. That's cool. I encourage that behavior in certain individuals. It makes my job easier in identifying who gets a break and who gets written for everything that I can put on them. Way to take one for your fellow man.

R1Lover,
    Good one spotting that bot. I wonder if the R1 in your screen name is for the Yamaha's. If so, its always good to see another rider. If you aren't doing g track days on that thing you are missing out on the best part of the bike. By the way, the 996 in my name is for the Ducati which is parked to my Augusta F4 which is parked to my three Yamaha's including a 2004 R1. Safe riding to you.

That's it. Thanks for letting me play in your sand box. I will continue to lurk while my ego is still intact.

8. CDB

CDB Member

Ratings:
    +0
    LOL. Respect is earned. You don't automatically get respect because you wear a badge, especially when one feels the need to present themself as an officer through colorful phrases like "I carry a gun and cuff morons."

Its been my experience that officers (like yourself) like 'power' and letting others know they have it even when it was never of any relevance to the question being asked. So let's see, you come into a phone forum to ask a phone question meanwhile announcing that you're a guy who carries a gun and cuffs people and now you let us know that instead of enforcing the law, you selectively enforce the law based on your feelings and not so much on what crime has actually occured.

Take one for my fellow man? I have a thin-blue-line sticker sitting near my rear tag. More like 'can't beat them, join them', which means I have family in law enforcement and I'll be damned if they have ever presented themself or their occupation as being a 'guy who carries a gun and cuffs morons'. You're a shining example of what law enforcement has become these days. Stay classy bud.

9. thegipper

thegipper Member

Ratings:
    +0
    @CBD - for violations most officers are allowed discretion, ie we decide based on the totality of the situation whether or not you get a summons. Its completely legal. Its not selectively enforcing the law as you put it.

@ vandal - where do you work? ballpark or specific. NYPD here. I also ride, i have a Kawa Meanstreak and a Ducati Monster, and i have always lusted after the 996, the beauty of Ducati bikes are what got me started riding.

Search tags for this page
android display flip app
android phone home screen flips upside down when touched
android screen keeps flipping
android screen keeps flippingg

droid razor keeps flipping my screen

droid x keeps flipping screen
how to flip screen for droid
how to invert homescreen
how to invert the homescreen on internet explorer
my droid razr screen flips