Home Screen/ App page question

AGK925

Reaction score
So, I just got my Razr today from a VZW BM store and while I was waiting to be helped I was using some of the Razr's on the floor. I noticed a few differences between the phone that ships from the manufacturer and floor models. First I noticed that the floor models had more options displayed when the menu button was pushed. The one option I did not see on my phone was, I think, called configure on the floor model. On the floor model I was able to set it so that when I flipped through the home screens it would loop from one end to the other, currently if I want to go from the first to last page I would have to flip through all the home screens in-between. Also the configure button allowed me to change the configuration of the apps screens. Currently scrolling through apps is done by flipping pages of apps. The model in the store had a sphere of apps that I could select from. Does anyone know how I can make these changes on my phone? Thanks.

garywojdan81

Reaction score
Sounds like someone installed an alternative home launcher on it. From what you're describing it sounds like qqlauncher, which is free in the market.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

OP
A

AGK925

Reaction score
Sounds like someone installed an alternative home launcher on it. From what you're describing it sounds like qqlauncher, which is free in the market.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Thanks for the info. I am new to the smartphone market and I was wondering if you knew if there were any security concerns with apps like this?

rubiksc00p

Reaction score
Somewhere on this amazing ball of creation!
No. There are very reputable launchers. I have not used qqlauncher but I believe its pretty credible. Some others are ADW, Go launcher, and launcherpro! As always, read the reviews from the market and check the permissions! :)

Sent from the best phone on Verizon!