home screen app icons missing?

rlfitz

Reaction score
the home screen icons have disappeared from my droid1. it has happened randomly in the last year, but they always came back on their own. Now they are just not there for the last few days. i have tried cycling power off/on and pulled the battery. the battery pull brought them back until the screen went dark. when waking the phone up again they were gone again. any ideas?

Smokie

Reaction score
are you rooted? my droid got stuck like that a while ago when i first rooted my phone. I had the bright idea to install open home or pandahome on it to change up the icons. It made everything disappear from my launcher. had to completely uninstall it off the phone. that made all the icons finally show up. not sure if this is your case, just figured i'd share.

OP
rlfitz

rlfitz

Reaction score
are you rooted? my droid got stuck like that a while ago when i first rooted my phone. I had the bright idea to install open home or pandahome on it to change up the icons. It made everything disappear from my launcher. had to completely uninstall it off the phone. that made all the icons finally show up. not sure if this is your case, just figured i'd share.

sorry, probably should have written that. No I am not rooted (yet)

mc1

Reaction score
I just had this on my droid x. Everything was fine, going about my work day, went to use the phone and the entire home screen is empty, the side screens, everything. Even the arrow. I have a maps app, the browser, the market, but everything else not showing. Thought it might be ATK, but unsure.

Help? Do I need to do a factory reset or something?

OP
rlfitz

rlfitz

Reaction score
I guess nobody reads these posts if its not about rooting??? Nobody has a solution or knows the cause to this?

jamsesh

Reaction score
This was happening to me pretty frequenly (every couple of days). Did some googling and someone suggested it was an issue with a widget going awry. I didn't think much of it because I like/want all the widgets I have.

Randomly rearranged stuff a couple weeks ago, got rid of some stuff, added some new stuff, and it hasn't happened since. Leads me to believe it was probably a widget issue...

Robfern7

Reaction score
Its definitely a widget issue!

So this was driving me insane! Had this problem and literally every time i opened/closed an app... id get an empty home screen as a result. The icons would reappear in about 30 seconds or so bt that wait was ridiculous. So decides to play around with the widgets. First thing i removed was "fancy widget"... its a clock/weather widget thats no longer on the market for some reason. That did the trick. No more problems! Give it a try. Maybe delete one widget at a time to figure out which the problem widget is for you. Good luck!