Home Replacement Apps = Completely new phone experience.

romeov

Reaction score
What about the other home replacement apps? (Fresh Face, Panda Home, aHome etc..) Anyone try any of those?

w0lfinator

Reaction score
I want more screens, but i want to make sure i can put all my normal widgets on them. If I buy openhome, will I be able to put all of the widgets I currently have on the screens? In openhome lite you can only put like 3 widgets out there and they are all openhome widgets.(no facebook, no mixzing, etc)

Trip

Reaction score
You can put whatever you want on the screens...plus you get a slide out tray that you can customize and access from any of the home pages/screens as well.

mjs31

Reaction score
Open home is nice but gde will probably beat it
it has bugs now as well with 2.0 but the cube and customization will be great. Great video on utube.

Erron

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I use panda home. It can use themes from just about every other theme program and seems to be pretty stable. They have updated it since the droid came out and claim a newer update within a couple days.

Oh, its free.

Steeeler

Reaction score
I received and update today from Open Home. It says it is compatable with Android 2.0.

I have been using Open Home on my Droid for a couple of days now. It is a great program and I havent had any problems.

OP
bamfsig45

bamfsig45

Reaction score
That update was for the Android 2.0 skin not Open Home the App its self.

Steeeler

Reaction score
My bad, thanks. :icon_eek:

Still running Open Home without any glitches though!

yamaha83

Reaction score
i really think im going to like panda home! but right now it does not have to update for the droid... when i use the version they have i get some wierd scrolling stuff going on! and i think you can have more than 7 screens with panda... and you also have some intresting slide out menu things on the left and right side... didnt play around to much with it cuz im waiting for the update...

OP
bamfsig45

bamfsig45

Reaction score
I liked Panda home too, but it was way to buggy when I tried it. Maybe if they update it I will try it again.

Sweet Daddy

Reaction score
Once I learned how to create folders, I didn't see a need for extra screens.

DaHarder

Reaction score
I tried OpenHome for 2 days and then uninstalled it because is felt extremely clunky/sluggish when compared to the standard Android 2.0 interface.

Personally, I'll be holding out for SPB Mobile Shell for Android.

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeahhh I like the extra screens and other little things here and there of OpenHome but it really is slower and a bit laggy at times. Time to remove it again lol

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
Once I learned how to create folders, I didn't see a need for extra screens.
Is it possible to create folders with apps in them? I wanted to create one (Games for example) with a certain selection of apps in it but I couldn't figure it out. Although I didn't give it much thought at the time.