Home Replacement Apps = Completely new phone experience.

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
One of my pages is taken up by only 4 widgets (pandora, slacker, music, and youtube) so I don't have to open up those apps to switch songs

JeepNaked

Reaction score
More screens or just a folder?

You can also simply add a Folder and put groups of app/widgets in there to subdivide things..

Multiple home screens doesn't give me enough bang to install an app.

Last edited:

Zennmaster

Reaction score
Out of curiosity, are those who experienced forced closures and other problems using any particular theme?

When I found out that Open Home did autorotation, I skipped my latte that day and bought it. I've had no problems whatsoever. I'm using a skin called "Organic". I can't help but wonder if some themes out there, particularly aHome themes might not be 100% compatible.

w0lfinator

Reaction score
Anyone else have a problem with the main screen not moving occasionally(this is on Lite). I can't scroll to the other screens often, i have to enable rotate, rotate the screen, then MAYBE it works..

elbono75

Reaction score
how many really useful apps are you people finding to need 7 home screens?? i have my main-use things on the frontpage, all the less-used stuff on the right and urls/contacts/nav shortcuts on the left... and plenty of spots left open!

I have one screen just for all my freq contants... all 3 of my screens are full wish i had more room ... but will wait for the update since it was a lil buggy on mine...

OP
bamfsig45

bamfsig45

Reaction score
how many really useful apps are you people finding to need 7 home screens?? i have my main-use things on the frontpage, all the less-used stuff on the right and urls/contacts/nav shortcuts on the left... and plenty of spots left open!

You have the option to use only 3 screens or 5 screens if you want. I like to customize with skins and custom icons. That may not be some peoples thing, but I like to do it. Back in the day I used to make custom skins for Window Blinds on the PC. Maybe thats what got me hooked.

Its all personal preference I guess. If you're happy with 3 screens and simply changing wallpapers, then good deal.

M1dnite

Reaction score
Can anybody explain the shuddering that I am experiencing? It does not seem as smooth as the default UI.
Even with limited widgets on the main screen?

Last edited:

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
I get a LITTLE studdering, not enough to be a problem. I'm actually getting less force closes this time around to. Right now my main issue is that sometimes when I come out of an app, the screen will be blank. To get it to show all my icons/widgets I need to swipe the screen to one side or another and then it shows me screen 6 every time and i need to go back to the home screen. Its weird...

OP
bamfsig45

bamfsig45

Reaction score
Im not going to knock this app as its not been updated to work with 2.0 yet. And the fact that it does work tells me once it is updated that it should fly.

elbono75

Reaction score
Im not going to knock this app as its not been updated to work with 2.0 yet. And the fact that it does work tells me once it is updated that it should fly.

No Knocks here I can't wait for the update!!! it's what I want :icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana:

M1dnite

Reaction score
I'll wait for the update. I have a little studder, but when I moved back to the default home it just flys and moves so smooth. I like the multiple screens , but I'd take the speed and fluidity of transitions any day over it. I'll wait for the update, maybe it'll speed it up a bit. But till then it'll sit on the side line.

Bateluer

Reaction score
I'll wait for the update. I have a little studder, but when I moved back to the default home it just flys and moves so smooth. I like the multiple screens , but I'd take the speed and fluidity of transitions any day over it. I'll wait for the update, maybe it'll speed it up a bit. But till then it'll sit on the side line.

Same for me, feels like it needs some polish for Anfroid 2.0 and/or Droid.

JustinRutledge

Reaction score
When I try to buy this app it keeps saying "authorizing payment" and it has been like that for the past 30min and I don't know why. If anyone could help it would be much appreciated.

FlyByNight

Reaction score
Full:
chart

Lite:
chart
I know what these are supposed to, but what are they called, and how do I use them? I couldn't even think of a good search term.

jazzbassnick

Reaction score
I know what these are supposed to, but what are they called, and how do I use them? I couldn't even think of a good search term.

QR Code. Download the Barcode Scanner, then use it to read the QR code.

The codes posted above provide links to the respective apps in the market.
Scan it, you'll be prompted to follow the link...

Have fun with it!