Home Replacement Apps = Completely new phone experience.

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
after training today I am going to play with this lite then probably isntall the full version...
If you like the lite version at all then you'll probably like the full, it is SO much more full featured than the lite.

Yeah even though I have yet to play with it but getting 7 screens is AWESOME!!
I just reinstalled it and got one forceclose so far while dragging an icon onto my 3rd screen (AndroZip). After it reloaded, i dragged it over with no problems and havent had a forceclose yet. We'll see how it goes this time.

I currently have my 7 screens setup like so:

1) Pointless. This is where I put soundboards, speaking pad, and other apps that I don't NEED but like to play around with.
2) Games. I think its obvious what goes here :)
3) Entertainment. Music widget, Pandora widget, Slacker widget, and YouTube widget. They take up the whole screen so I may turn some into just app icons and add an rss feed or something else to this page.
4) Home. I have Beautiful Widgets "Home" widget on here with Phone, Messaging, Market, Browser, and both Email/Gmail and CarHome/DockRunner.
5) Tools. Here I put stuff like file managers, barcode scanner, picsay, calculator, notes, astrid, etc.
6) Fiance. I have a picture frame of my soon to be wife and direct links to call or message her. As soon as I start taking more pictures, it will have a couple more picture frames :)
7) Other. Currently empty. Not sure what I'm going to do with this one.

I have labels set up so each screen has a title in the corner and my theme/icons are the default Eclair ones. I hope it doesn't crash too much this time lol

Trip

Reaction score
Didn't get a chance to read all of the posts, so if this was said already, I appologize, you can take a screen shot with Open Home, go into the settings, hit the menu button from the home page, then more and then open home settings, in there you can enable screenshots...you hit the camera button to take a screen shot I guess..havent tried it, but they say to be sure to go back and turn it off.

Ahh..I see that others have tried and it says that the capture failed...oh well

Last edited:

Trip

Reaction score
Somone on here said they put their frequently called contacts on the slide out tray...how do you change whats on there?

Never mind...figured it out.

Last edited:
OP
bamfsig45

bamfsig45

Reaction score
Didn't get a chance to read all of the posts, so if this was said already, I appologize, you can take a screen shot with Open Home, go into the settings, hit the menu button from the home page, then more and then open home settings, in there you can enable screenshots...you hit the camera button to take a screen shot I guess..havent tried it, but they say to be sure to go back and turn it off.

It doesnt work, I tried.

OP
bamfsig45

bamfsig45

Reaction score
Somone on here said they put their frequently called contacts on the slide out tray...how do you change whats on there?

I put my fav icons on screen. then I open the doc and drag the icons to that doc. That doc scrolls left and right once its open.

DaHarder

Reaction score
I'm so hoping that there will be a port of SPB Mobile Shell to the DROID ASAP.

I used it on my Imagio, and is was simply stunning to look at, in addition to being highly efficient/functional.

Admittedly, I have been using OpenHome in the meantime, and it's also very nice.

sir

Reaction score
i'll be honest...outside of having extra screens and the orientation option, I'm not finding anything else particularly useful.

Is there a way to turn off all features except the orientation and the extra screens?

OP
bamfsig45

bamfsig45

Reaction score
those pretty much are the features, the extra screens and the skinning ability. I turned off the land scape mode. Use that skin I posted on the previous page and there you go, basic Android 2.0 with 7 screens.

Bateluer

Reaction score
those pretty much are the features, the extra screens and the skinning ability. I turned off the land scape mode. Use that skin I posted on the previous page and there you go, basic Android 2.0 with 7 screens.

I want the extra screens myself, just want some more polish before I pay them money for it.

sir

Reaction score
yea - got that skin and spent a bit getting my widgets back in place. haven't put my icons back yet. i'll see how much i use it before i decide to keep it or not.

elbono75

Reaction score
GRRRRRRR... I can't put the Facebook Widget on any of the screens comes back to says no more room on this screen... But its empty!!! gotten for a fml widget too...

Any ideas?