Home Replacement Apps = Completely new phone experience.

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
Has anyone experienced lag after installing these themes? That seems to be what a lot of people are saying in the comments section, and this has made me hesitant to use them. I'd rather have a faster phone will the stock theme than a slower phone with a 3rd party theme.

Adam B.

Reaction score
I purchased Open Home Full, I wanted to Like it. But it kept crashing whenever I would scroll through the application menu. I had to return it for a refund.

Maybe I'll go back to it after it's updated to work with 2.0 better.

When it worked, I loved it! 3 screens just isn't enough.

Bateluer

Reaction score
I purchased Open Home Full, I wanted to Like it. But it kept crashing whenever I would scroll through the application menu. I had to return it for a refund.

Maybe I'll go back to it after it's updated to work with 2.0 better.

When it worked, I loved it! 3 screens just isn't enough.

Agreed, I'll give them some time to polish it up a bit before I try it out.

kev83202

Reaction score
Full:
chart

Lite:
chart

What app do you use to scan those?

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah I was really excited about Open Home so I got it and installed it and it looked great, installed a few themes and icon packs, setup 5 out of my 7 screens, everything was great but it ForceCloses too often for me. That was the ONLY issue. It was NOT laggy, it wasn't "stretched" or anything for the larger resolution, nothing like that. The ONLY issue was the random forceclosures. Once it is a bit more stable I will go for it.

Also, please note that if you get the lite version, it is nowhere near as feature rich as the full version. The lite version only lets you use like 3 widgets and no icons or something if I remember right. The full version has a LOT of options and you can use all the normal widgets plus like 5 or 6 OpenHome exclusive ones.

It is an awesome app and I'd have it installed now if it didn't FC so often :(

OP
bamfsig45

bamfsig45

Reaction score
Yeah I was really excited about Open Home so I got it and installed it and it looked great, installed a few themes and icon packs, setup 5 out of my 7 screens, everything was great but it ForceCloses too often for me. That was the ONLY issue. It was NOT laggy, it wasn't "stretched" or anything for the larger resolution, nothing like that. The ONLY issue was the random forceclosures. Once it is a bit more stable I will go for it.

Also, please note that if you get the lite version, it is nowhere near as feature rich as the full version. The lite version only lets you use like 3 widgets and no icons or something if I remember right. The full version has a LOT of options and you can use all the normal widgets plus like 5 or 6 OpenHome exclusive ones.

Im going to keep trying it for a while, I havent had any force closes during normal operation. Im digging the "Droid" theme that keeps the phone looking stock but using the stock icons and This theme seems to run the best.

OP
bamfsig45

bamfsig45

Reaction score
Well it does allow a refund if you dont like it. You gotta realize some people on those reviews are running G1's or MyTouch devises, Droid is far Superior in hardware and software. If it didnt run good I wouldnt use it. Also you can get to land scape mode w/o keyboard with Open Home.

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
I will admit that even when it DOES forceclose/crash, it comes back up fairly quick and remembers all your screen setups and whatnot so crashing doesn't screw anything up, it just got annoying to me. It also didn't happen THAT often, I'm just kinda picky lol

mad3963

Reaction score

I have had no issues with "forced closures" with Open Home on my DROID.

mad3963

Reaction score
We need a good screencap utility so we can take easy screenshots of what we are talking about.

Not a simple way but...
Motorola Droid - How To Capture Screenshot | Mobile Technology Deals and Help

I also read in another forum that Open Home was suppose to have a screen cap function. I haven't loaded it myself, so I don't know for sure.

Open Home does have a screen capture feature, but it does not seem to work. Every time I try to use it, it says "Capture attempt failed".

Last edited:

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have had no issues with "forced closures" with Open Home on my DROID.
Hmm I wonder why I got it so often. :mad:
after training today I am going to play with this lite then probably isntall the full version...
If you like the lite version at all then you'll probably like the full, it is SO much more full featured than the lite.