[Home Replacement App] Sweeter Home public Beta is out!!

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by JonKyu, Jan 11, 2010.

1. DroidxRage

DroidxRage Member

Ratings:
    +0
    :)

Well it's not completely finished, but here's a teaser pic... (there is much more than this one shot, but it's just not completed yet)
    [​IMG]

It was inspired by the screenshot of the Motoroi front-end. (See: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-news/16890-new-motorola-android-phone-coming-us.html)

Everything in the theme is completely stock to Sweeter Home. I used no images, so nothing special there. Most of the widgets I setup are free, with the exception of maybe Beautiful Widgets (which there is a free alternative).

I made a really nice incarnation of landscape mode (redesigned to fit everything) but I can't get a landscape screenshot... it only took the portrait image for some reason even holding the device in landscape.

Enjoy! :D

2. mrmondaynight29

mrmondaynight29 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Is anyone else having trouble with beautiful weather not updating?

3. ViciousCircle

ViciousCircle Android Addict
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Are you using the version that was released a few days ago, or the one from just before that? The older version did have issues once in a while, but with the new version, all of my widgets (including Beautiful Widgets) are updating and working as they should.

4. mrmondaynight29

Ratings:
    +0
    I updated both of them, then I noticed the time wasnt updating, so I uninstalled both, reinstalled both and It still doesnt update normally. Sometimes it works right, then it just stops.

5. Scottslot

Scottslot Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I was having major issues with this home replacement app. TON's of FCs and yep, Weather Widget App wouldn't update, so I had to switch to Beautiful Widgets and that one worked for the most part.

I have tried and tried and tried to make this Home Replacement app work because bang for the buck, the best one out there and I've tried GDE, Home++ and SlideScreen. I LOVED the customizability of Sweeter Home but in the end, I just can't take all the FCs and pop ups that there is a bug and to report it. I'm not gonna uninstall but I think it's time to go back to Home++.

I've probably sent in about 50 bug reports and not a single response. Would love ONE response on why I'm getting so many bugs. I understand it's a beta, I do. But this is bad.

Sucks. Oh well.

6. mrmondaynight29

Ratings:
    +0
    Only time I have a fc is if I change the theme, It fc's one time and thats it. Just dont update time and weather way it should

7. pettinej

pettinej Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have a problem using beautiful small home. It works for a while then the clock will not update. If I uninstall sweeter home and reinstall it will but not for more than 24 hrs.

8. punyweakling

punyweakling Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Just FYI - dude gets hundreds of bug reports. There are 10's of Android phones right now with different hardware configurations so they all come streaming through. All big reports get checked and the relevant code inserted, then if they're duplicates of the same thing others have experienced they get linked. The dev works to close them off based on priority...

So he doesn't really have time to reply to everyone :)

9. ice456789

ice456789 Member

Ratings:
    +11
    I want to point out that since the update it has been very stable on my droid. It fc'd on me yesterday, and that was the first time it had done it in a couple days. 5 seconds later it was back up and running no problems. My theme is very convoluted too which is a good test for SH. On one screen I have 9 custom trays, all apps tray, calendar, 7 pictures, 2 color blocks, 7 springboards, 9 widgets and a tagged tray. That's all on one screen. Editing that screen is a slow process, but it is very stable when running.

10. punyweakling

punyweakling Member

Ratings:
    +0
    NEW BUILD!!! Please update to the latest version!

http://www.sweeterhome.com/

Heaps of bug fixes, hugely improved image handling and caching, wayyy more stable, handful of new features (turn off landscape, springboard hierarchy, better pixel grading on rounded corners).

11. Corinacakes

Corinacakes Super Moderator
    Theme Developer

Ratings:
    +3
    lemon is this like new new?

EDIT: nm i see it is !! yay dl'n now:icon_ banana:

#299 Corinacakes, Jan 31, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2010
  12. NickWgnr

NickWgnr Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'll have to give it a try, thanks for the heads up!

Wagner :motdroidvert:

Search tags for this page
android home replacement beta
droid bionic top home launchers non market
mail shforum com loc:us
sweeter home apk for android

sweeter home app

sweeter home preview