[Home Replacement App] Slide Screen is Out!!

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
it is a really cool concept, albeit very similar to WM 6.5.... much cleaner than the beta that i tried a few weeks back, but still not useful enough to be my main homescreen

bamfsig45

Reaction score
I like this a lot, Ive been using it since last night and once you figure it out it is pretty good, and stable. Once they get Facebook up and running ( they say its coming soon) it will make it that much better. Google reader works good and refreshes my news so no need for a widget. I dont use twitter. I would like to see an option for us to change the order we want the information displayed and what we want on top/bottom of the slider. Access to the apps is easy by hitting menu, and it gives you 8 custom slots to put what ever app you want at the top. Hit menu again to access the apps options and the system options. This isnt the best home replacement for some. I like all my stuff right there in front and simple...this makes that happen.

Lars1

Reaction score
I tried using this as my home replacement but it removes all of the customizabilty (is that a word?) that I love about android.

Multiple screens
Cool and useful widgets
Wallpapers

I am now using it as an application by using a shortcut on my GDE desktop.

FWIW

P.S. Does anyone know how to add a stock into the stock watcher area?

clking

Reaction score

andrewdoane

Reaction score
I can't find a way to put my exchange calendar on it. Is that possible? The app is totally worthless to me without exchange calendar.

Silver Member
Reaction score
it is a really cool concept, albeit very similar to WM 6.5.... much cleaner than the beta that i tried a few weeks back, but still not useful enough to be my main homescreen
i was thinking this too. i hated that interface myself. been waiting on people to post their impressions.

so far the consensus was about what i expected; nice at first, but went back...

DroidPDX

Reaction score
Looks like someone developing something just to develop it. I can't see a real reason to use it. It doesn't seem to make access to many functions easier.

And it looks like a Blackberry Storm.

Maverick0984

Reaction score

I agree, that is exactly what I thought when I installed it.

ipawd1

Reaction score
I dont see how anyone is not loving this. Sure...all those widgets are gone..but mannnn im loving it.

ipawd1

Reaction score
14mcq5d.jpg

bamfsig45

Reaction score
Reading their website there are a lot of things happening with this. I believe for those of us that want the simpler homescreen with an "all in one" UI this might take the cake. From a response to a question about Facebook it appears they are going to work on some crash bugs, facebook, google voice, google talk....in that order. I went ahead and bought it and I look forward to the updates.

ipawd1

Reaction score
I bought it too, and wont be returning. I'll probably look at 2.1 when it's released tomorrow, but as far as this home replacement. It has everything I need. Calendar, weather, email, texts, calls all in one location

Scottslot

Reaction score
This was asked but no one responded....is there a way to sync it with other email instead of gmail? Like aol or my work (outlook?)....and on the same not...not use the google calendar and use the corporate calendar instead?

This app is pointless to me without those two uses.