Home Page Icons Disappear

dcw9m

Reaction score
After using an application, upon return to homescreen, all the app icons are missing and I have to shut down and restart the phone. Does anyone know how to correct this problem?

Eddog4DROID

Reaction score
After using an application, upon return to homescreen, all the app icons are missing and I have to shut down and restart the phone. Does anyone know how to correct this problem?

I was just going to ask this question too. Sometimes, for me the icons, come back if you wait long enough. Other times, I have to also restart.

I thought it was Helix so I uninstalled it. But it still does that. I have Droid 2.1 (forced) non-rooted.

A lot of times, it happens when you press the home button to exit rather than backing out.

I thought it was lack of memory but I have 76 MB free on internal. I uninstalled all apps that I thought might be questionable such as iMusic or Dolphin, etc.

Any ideas anyone????? I have already factory reseted once to no avail.

Natalie

Reaction score
I have launher pro installed and those things happen to me also. I have to turn my phone off and then on again to get back to normal. but now my problem is my phone icon is missing at the bottom of my screen... How do i get that back? I now have to go thru my contacts to be able to dial a stupid phone number.. can someone please help. also at times my system asks me what i want as default launcher pro or home. i hit launcher pro, am i suppose to put my "home" launcher in advance task cleanerpro as an auto kill?

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Just a suggestion, but I suspect that the problems noted in this thread may stem from memory availability issues. If you have not done so recently clear the cache and data from your various apps, especially those like various email clients, messaging apps, news/weather apps, and anything else that leaves lots of "stuff" on your system. This additional data (which is dragged into memory when the app is running) tends to clog up memory.

On the other hand, this problem is usually associated with sluggishness, not an inability to get an app (like a launcher) to run properly at all. If clearing cache and data doesn't solve your problem, it's probably time for a factory reset.

BTW, a very nice app that identifies apps with excessive data and cache is

Quick App Clean Cache - Android app on AppBrain

Costs about a buck and is very useful for keeping stuff cleaned up.

banderbe

Reaction score
This STILL happens to me.. VERY annoying. It's happening as I write this using the latest version of LP.

mikemdd

Reaction score
Did anyone ever find a solution to the icons disappearing from the home page? My droid pro just started doing this. It happens when I turn the screen off and turn it back on. The only way to get the icons back on the screen is to shut down and restart.