Home++ Issues?

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by pmc2025, Feb 15, 2010.

1. pmc2025

pmc2025 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey Everyone! Has anyone else had major issues with Home++ crashing lately? It seems as though ever half hour or so Home++ crashes and I have to force-close it. Is there any fix to it that I should know about?

Thanks!!

2. Corinacakes

Corinacakes Super Moderator
    Theme Developer

Ratings:
    +3
    hi pmc...so sorry you're having problems. it seems lots of ppl have this issue and end up just going back to stock. that's with just about any home replacement. i personally use sweeterhome but that takes a lot of time to customize and if you don't have the time..well you know. this will give you a bump tho just in case someone that uses it knows about something i don't. good luck:D

3. Jim 777

Jim 777 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +11
    I"m starting to see FC about once everyday to every other day. I just select "wait" and it seems to just keep on trucking. So far it's infrequent enough for me to to not sweat it but hoping that I may not even "need" it after 2.1 rolls down.

4. liquidzoo

liquidzoo Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have 3 FC's a day with Home++. Like clockwork. When I put it in my car dock and plug the charger in when I'm driving, and when I put it in my dock at home when I'm going to bed. Haven't had any others. They're annoying, but reproduceable.

5. MK-9

MK-9 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The FC's for me come and go in waves. There hasn't been an update in quite some time. I haven't had the time to check the developers website. But, I'm wondering if they stopped working on it.

6. SANhacker

SANhacker Member

Ratings:
    +7
    You make a good point.
    With most of the new ROM's supporting five screens, I wouldn't be surprised if they "stopped working on it".

7. possessedskier

Ratings:
    +0
    I've found that I get more FC's if the Preferences->Screen settings->Orientation is checked. I almost always get FC's when the Home++ screen rotates back from wide to standard.

8. ebe3692

ebe3692 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I hope not - my favorite part of home++ is the toolbar. I have been tolerating the FC's because I just cant give that up. I actually have home++ set to only 3 screens.
    I really like an uncluttered look so my home screen has no icons, just a weather/clock widget at the top and the toolbar at the bottom. now if someone were to add that onto a ROM I'd load it up in a heartbeat....

9. ebe3692

ebe3692 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    also- I dont know if this is just placebo effect but ive noticed a couple things - it seems like after restarting the FCs get less frequent for a while (reminds me of MS windows), also I have felt like performance is better after reducing the number of screens and turning off endless looping

10. pc747

pc747 Administrator
    Staff Member Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +5,414
    +1 on going back to stock (sort of).

11. droider4life

droider4life Member

Ratings:
    +0
    As much as I liked home++ I finally went aback to stock then was surprised to see how much it had actually slowed things down but I got tired of the fc's all the time.

12. radioz

radioz Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Each time I've had an FC notice from Home++, I've just pressed the 'Ignore' or 'Wait' (can't remember what it is labeled) button instead of the 'Close' button.

It has worked every time. Home++ continues on as if nothing is wrong. I feels like a small timing bug. I seems to occur for me when turning my Droid on.

Next time it happens to you try it and see if your Droid keeps working normally.