Home++ issues?

Discussion in 'Android Themes' started by Dan.Droid, Jan 2, 2010.

1. Dan.Droid

Dan.Droid Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Has anybody else been having a lot of issues since the last update?

Prior to the last update, I only had a couple force closes. They were reasonably far apart, and for the same program, so I shut that program down and the force closes went away.

Since the last update, I get 6 or 7 force closes a day on any random combination of programs, even stock stuff like messaging. It got so bad that I had to go back to the stock Home to get away from them.

So, am I alone, or is this pretty common.

2. vzwmandroid

vzwmandroid Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I've recently downloaded home++ four days ago and haven't experienced any issues with it, not even a battery difference.
    Its running really well on my Droid.

3. andysly5

andysly5 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I also had major issues with Home++ in the last couple of days. Today in fact, I could not dial any numbers from my contact list. It would simply hang.

Extra screens simply isn't worth it to me if I can't make a damn call when I need to! I switched over to the stock home and I'll stick with it until 2.1 comes out.

4. ntrddragn

ntrddragn Member

Ratings:
    +6
    yup i have issues since the recent update 5 FC in a minute. i just uninstalled it and went back to the default one.

5. mth04

mth04 Premium Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I wonder if there is an app causing it to not play well. I am using home++ right now and it's working well. Maybe you all have a common app running in the background causing that issue.

So you know Handcent doesn't play well with GDE and causes Fc after FC. so that had to be uninstalled

6. slammin86

slammin86 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I uninstalled yesterday. I installed the one with just added home screens. Today I got a lot of fc on it, so will be uninstalling it too.

7. Pdigg

Pdigg Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Home++ has been nothing but solid for me lately.
    Running very well.

8. KZIWarrior

KZIWarrior Silver Member

Ratings:
    +2
    No problem with Home++ here. I did have a HUGE problem with RingDroid yesterday (force closes in it and media player with playing it's files but since I removed RingDroid all is well...

Though I have noticed since putting Home++ on that the auto-rotation is SLOW and not very sensitive. But other than that seems fine for me.

9. dbigdawg

dbigdawg Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Huge issues suddenly

I just got it dialed in perfectly and all of the sudden I am getting repeated force close and even froze my device a few times today. I haven't updated any apps or downloaded any in a few days, so I don't know what triggered this. It was flawless for the past two weeks. Weird.

10. SSHGuru

SSHGuru Silver Member

Ratings:
    +30
    I uninstalled Dolphin basically because it stinks. But my browser button on the bottom of Home ++ was linked to Dolphin and won't go anywhere now when I hit it - any way to fix this?

11. spm

spm New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I uninstalled it today as well after having no less then 6 forced closes

12. SSHGuru

SSHGuru Silver Member

Ratings:
    +30
    Never mind I figured it out...

When we get 2.1 I may dump Home ++ but I can't help but like the 7 screens and the shortcuts at the bottom.

13. Dan.Droid

Dan.Droid Member

Ratings:
    +0
    My only problem with that theory is that it is not a consistent set of apps that is FC'ing on me. It can be anything from handcent to the dialer to the screen switcher. Yes, I had a Home++ FC when switching screens.

I will keep my eye out for the next update, but I won't be running it again before I went back to running the stock Home, and there are no issues at all.

14. jcardona1

jcardona1 Senior Member

Ratings:
    +40
    Home++ sucks!!!!!! nothing but FCs all damn day. but i still have it lol. i really like getting rid of the status bar and the button at the bottom. ill see what 2.1 looks like. if its good enough, ill be dumping home++, just like i did with that worthless dolphin brower.

seems like theres more bad than good apps out there for our phones

15. Johnly

Johnly Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    when I see a commonality of good runs with home++, I will reinstall. Looks like there is still allot of issues with it. I like home++ allot, but it sucked to run it as a reliable theme. Come on home++, charge us money and make it go!!!!!!!!!!