Home++, How do you feel?

roberj13

Reaction score
I am a new Motorola Droid user as of about 5 days ago, before I got my phone I think I spent half of my day on here silently reading up on everything Droid. As a result I have probably tinkered with my Droid more than anyone I know that has one.

Currently I have Home++ running, and I LOVE the way it is setup. I like the extra screens. The power strip is awesome and makes the whole phone make more sense, with the notification button on the bottom where my short stubby thumb can reach it, and the browser and contact button part of the power strip so I don't need an icon on my home screen for it.

Problem is, since I have installed it, once a day the phone has locked up, no screen turning on, no nothing which forces me to remove the battery to turn it back on. It generally happens when the phone is sleeping and I get a text. Like I said, once a day or so, not everytime I get a text.

So my question is, does anyone else have this problem, if so how do you cope..lol

I really love this app, but I don't know 100% if the trade off is worth it. Good news is hopefully I will like 2.1 enough to not need Home++. It will at least give me more screens.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I loved Home++, but ended up removing it due to lagging and force closes. I loved the 7 screens and everything else about it, except it's performance.

I then started using the Launcher from 2.1 and it's pretty darn great too. But after 2-3 weeks, it started getting a little laggy too. I'm back to the stock home and it's smooth and quick. I'll just wait for 2.1.

jcardona1

Reaction score
i like Home ++ at first but i soon ended up hating it. it's such a bad app, lots of lag, FCs all the time. i finally got fed up and removed it. i cant even remember what it was like ;)

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have Home++ with 4 screens and am happy with it. There have been some FCs, but they are rare. I tried GDE for a long time, but I hate the way it hangs with Beautiful Widgets. We'll have to see if I stay with Home++ after 2.1, but it does have that Power Strip.

amyk

Reaction score
I love having the extra screens---mod them every day lol, but hate the FCs all the time---I guess I'll just deal with it 'til 2.1 and then won't have to worry about it

techguru

Reaction score
I used GDE and mostly liked it, but it force closed every time I removed my phone from the media or car dock. Home++ is good, but it does seem to slow down as the day progresses. Not many force closes, but it seems to restart on its own sometimes (repaints the screen really slow then starts working well again).

Looking forward to the official 2.1 release so I can go back to stock and still have 5 screens.

Thinking about going back to stock and just using folders to organize instead of screens.

Alan

DAGr8

Reaction score
I used GDE and mostly liked it, but it force closed every time I removed my phone from the media or car dock. Home++ is good, but it does seem to slow down as the day progresses. Not many force closes, but it seems to restart on its own sometimes (repaints the screen really slow then starts working well again).

Looking forward to the official 2.1 release so I can go back to stock and still have 5 screens.

Thinking about going back to stock and just using folders to organize instead of screens.

Alan

i am using gde and beautiful widgets no issues here ,,,, the main thing about gde is the app dock , and that cube ...

cj1896

Reaction score
I have been using Home++ for a while now. I tried sweeterhome but it was way too work intensive to get it to look good, Home++ is good and I like the interface. Granted, it force closes from time to time (I would say 3-5 times a day) but does that really affect me using the phone...not really. Once 2.1 comes out I will probably give it a shot but man I really like the powerstrip.

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
i like Home ++ at first but i soon ended up hating it. it's such a bad app, lots of lag, FCs all the time. i finally got fed up and removed it.

This mirrors my experience exactly... I used it for almost a week and LOVED it. Couldn't understand people problems... then for no reason it became VERY unstable, constant FCs, serious lag... Removed it and phone went back to being FAST!!! I'm using Launcher 2.1 now and it's not bad. I'm just waiting for 2.1 OTA until I decide one way or another.

misteruplink

Reaction score
Home++

I have been using home++ for over six weeks and almost never have any FC's.
Switched to launcher 2.1 last week and it's very keewl. It seems everyones phone reacts differently...

FSTTYMS

Reaction score
I have been using Home++ for a while... Mine mostly FC's when I use the built in app killer.

OP
roberj13

roberj13

Reaction score
Went back to stock screens after my phone sat in a half blurred state then the screen went black. Had to take out the battery again because I couldn't get it to respond to anything. Does it affect me using the phone? Not most times, but as I mentioned it happens alot when someone texts me when the phone is asleep for some reason. I forgot how fast this phone is until I uninstalled it. Mind you I have only had the phone for less than a week still.

I may try GDE just to check it out since a number of people have made comments about it. I got spoiled with the extra screens, 3 is so....constricting. Guess I need to be more organized.

BTW, if anyone can answer this question. When I uninstalled Home++ it said Uninstall unsuccessful, but it seems like everything is gone. Could there been a file in use or something that the phone couldn't uninstall at the time? It's not in the list to try to uninstall again anyhow, so I don't really know what I am worried about. Just don't want to use memory for something I don't use..