Home + End + volume Down

Discussion in 'Android Roms' started by kellydrennann, Mar 18, 2011.

1. kellydrennann

kellydrennann New Member

This is the best place I could find for this...
    Yesterday my Lg ally froze and would not get past the android screen on reboot. I could get it to do nothing, after reading online here and other places I tried first safemode (which crashed after two or three seconds then I read about the End + Call + volume down combo to reset to factory.... Well it set it back to factory infact so far back in the factory its more like before they were finished with it :)
    Good news it starts now the bad news is the display is small and centered on the screen. It has no service and the phone status shows a lot of "unknows" see below.
    Phone number (Unknown)
    Model Number (Unknown)
    Firmware Version (Unknown)
    Baseband Version (VS740MV7.5210.1013)
    Kernal Version (2.6.29)
    Build Number (Unknown)

So what's next anybody?
  2. gflam

gflam Developer Theme Developer Developer

Um don't know a ton about the ally but is your device rooted?
  3. kellydrennann

kellydrennann New Member

It was prior to the issue, I'm thinking the baseband is eithier old or somethings jacked up with it. Anyone know the latest version and how to install it.. I have been reading about baseband because that's really the only info I have in the about phone menu. That may be why everything else is "unknown" so where do I get the latest version or can I go to the local version store and have them do this?
  4. gflam

Well the baseband is ur radio like for signal strength and all that might control like ur phone number being unknown but things like phone model and build model being unknown are controlled by the build.prop so that's like really strange they're unknown something obviously messed with ur device if that was edited did u load anything strange on to it lately?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
  5. kellydrennann

kellydrennann New Member

I was trying to update the youtube app when it forceclosed the restarted. I had it rooted sofor teathering to my laptop for internet service. Banacle required root so I used universial androot. So do you think there is a fix for this
  6. gflam

Well it's still rooted correct? And there's no sbf for the ally so the only thing I would try would be to do a factory reset that is wipe the entire phone and then see if anything happens otherwise I would try to unroot it and take it back again I don't know much about the ally but when I get to my computer I'll do some searching for u and see if I can come up with anything as for the apps u mentioned they all are pretty trusted in my opinion so I doubt it was them

7. kellydrennann

kellydrennann New Member

When I did the key combo it showed a droid with a box with an arrow comming out of the box and a status bar under him. When it started it shows the old desktop (like when I bought it) except the display is small and centered . I open the settings menu to view apps it says you have no third party apps installed. If I go Privacy > Factory Reset it says com.android.phone has crashed.
  8. gflam

Well the android coming out of the box is ur recovery but the rest of ur problems sound really bad especially since it won't let u factory reset I'll do a little research for u when I get back to the dorm and I'll post here whatever I find

9. gflam

Didn't find too much unfortunately and like i said i'm not very well versed with the lg ally i only really know the motorola droid but you said you get com.android.phone crashes when you try to factory reset? cause that's weird it's not the system that crashes but the phone app. I would try to install a new phone app and then try reseting
Search tags for this page
boot menu lg phoenix
how can i fix my lg 3d if it wont even boot past black scree
lg ally frozen android screen
lg ally screen not working home volume down
lg ally vs740 wont get past android screen

lg ally vs740 wont go passed android screen

lg ally wont boot on past android

lg ally wont get past the android startup screen

lg ally wont go past android screen

lg phoenix wont boot

lg phoenix wont go past start up screen?
lg vs740 wont load past android
my lg ally wont go pass the android screen
reboot lg phoenix
samsung home end down vol