Home crash? launcher pro? All black?

DiscoStu9

Reaction score
I got my DX the 15th. I've had no problems until a few days ago.

It now randomly while doing something on the phone gets a little laggy, then i hit home or back, and home is closed, all black, and all i can do is the notification bar. if i get a text, it pops up and i can read it, but then it goes away and its black again. I can only restart the phone then, sometimes it wont let me even touch "turn off device" for a while. Then I boot it up and its fine, repeat.

It has been doing this a lot recently, I think maybe more often (or coicidence) everytime I just leave my apt, and get into my car (which is SC in the summer, black leather, hot as hell in the car if that matters). Anyway, I feel its a launcher pro issue, since it seems to work sort of even while freezing, just the home and controls dont work, or launcher pro freezes maybe? I do have a good collection of apps, too many makes it unstable maybe? I will prob take it in to verizon in case its hardware. Any ideas??

marcfogel

Reaction score

It now randomly while doing something on the phone gets a little laggy, then i hit home or back, and home is closed, all black, and all i can do is the notification bar. if i get a text, it pops up and i can read it, but then it goes away and its black again. I can only restart the phone then, sometimes it wont let me even touch "turn off device" for a while. Then I boot it up and its fine, repeat.

It has been doing this a lot recently, I think maybe more often (or coicidence) everytime I just leave my apt, and get into my car (which is SC in the summer, black leather, hot as hell in the car if that matters). Anyway, I feel its a launcher pro issue, since it seems to work sort of even while freezing, just the home and controls dont work, or launcher pro freezes maybe? I do have a good collection of apps, too many makes it unstable maybe? I will prob take it in to verizon in case its hardware. Any ideas??

I was having lockup issues as well. I unsinstalled Launcher pro to see if that was it. It has only been 24 hours though. What sucks is that I like Launcher pro.

djbis

Reaction score

I was having lockup issues as well. I unsinstalled Launcher pro to see if that was it. It has only been 24 hours though. What sucks is that I like Launcher pro.

On my Droid I started having problems which I attributed to Launcher Pro as well. I have not been able to get good overall results from any home replacement app on this first gen droid.