Home Charger

Drooling4Droid

Reaction score
My dog just chewed my charger in two. He is still alive, but my wife had to stop me from killing him. Anyway, does anyone know if I can get the same charger that came out of the box at the Verizon store?

Thanks.

mrschmitz

Reaction score
Just pick up some micro USB cables and cheap USB power blocks from Monoprice.com. Cheap, and they work just fine. I spent $15 (including shipping) and got 5 USB cables of varying lengths, and three USB power blocks.

db83

Reaction score
do they all allow you to charge your phone and transfer data as well?

htheduck

Reaction score
Just pick up some micro USB cables and cheap USB power blocks from Monoprice.com. Cheap, and they work just fine. I spent $15 (including shipping) and got 5 USB cables of varying lengths, and three USB power blocks.
Please provide the part number or link to the USB blocks - I cannot find.
Thanks!

mrschmitz

Reaction score
do they all allow you to charge your phone and transfer data as well?

Yes. ANY standard micro USB cable will. USB is USB, and since it is digital data, you don't even need a "nice" one, contrary to the things companies like Monster cable tell you. There is nothing smart about the "Ecomoto" USB cable included with the Droid, except for the fancy sticker.

The only thing to watch out for is crappy connectors, but the cables from Monoprice were surprisingly high quality.

OP
Drooling4Droid

Drooling4Droid

Reaction score
Thanks for the info Mr Schmitz. I checked out monoprice, but the are out of anything but the 10ft until 12/21. I went ahead and ordered that one.

Fahrenheit

Reaction score
This might sound silly but I've been using my old blackberry charger being the cable is super long but i just noticed its 700mA out Vs the Droid X charger is 850mA out. Is that okay? Should I got a longer cable to use with the stock droid one or buy a Stand alone droid x one or is my blackberry charger fine? Thanks :)

doomsday

Reaction score
I'm doing the exact same thing. I also tried with my wifes LG charger rated the same at 5v, 700 mA. Charged fine.

Eolly

Reaction score
So the X's charger is indeed 850mA? Don't really seem to see many of those on amazon ... except Amazon.com: Motorola Micro USB Rapid Compact Travel / Home Charger with 850mAh Output: Electronics. That should do the job right?
Personally I would just pick up a 10 foot micro to usb cable and use it with the supplied charger. I was using my crackberry wall charger but noticed the phone getting hot. So I decided to use the short **** cord for now. Gonna grab a longer usb cable next time Im at best buy.

abean

Reaction score
So the X's charger is indeed 850mA? Don't really seem to see many of those on amazon ... except Amazon.com: Motorola Micro USB Rapid Compact Travel / Home Charger with 850mAh Output: Electronics. That should do the job right?
Personally I would just pick up a 10 foot micro to usb cable and use it with the supplied charger. I was using my crackberry wall charger but noticed the phone getting hot. So I decided to use the short **** cord for now. Gonna grab a longer usb cable next time Im at best buy.

Which charger is it that comes with the Droid that allows for a USB cable to be connected?