Home button not working

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by tofasttafuri, Apr 1, 2011.

1. tofasttafuri

tofasttafuri New Member

I decided to flash the new CM7 RC4 on my D1 and after I boot up, I cannot return to my home app when clicking the home button. I can feel the little vibration when I press the button, but when I longpress my home button, the recent apps list does not show up. Thanks for anyone's help.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  2. josh_c_4566

josh_c_4566 New Member

It must be a bug thats still managed to slip through in the ROM itself. I am having the same problem, only my search button does not work either. This is quite annoying for me since I reassigned my search key to open my messages from wherever im at, and because come on, the home button is like the most used button I have.
  3. tofasttafuri

tofasttafuri New Member

I feel your pain. But I fixed it by just wiping data/cache and reinstalling the rom. Seems like a major bug but no one has talked about it.
  4. returntosender

returntosender New Member

I'm running the leaked GB and get the home button issue from time to time. This morning I rebooted a few times and it didn't go away, so I cleared the Dalvik cache in the bootstrap and upon bootup it was fixed.
  5. JerseyFrankU

JerseyFrankU New Member

I have lost the use of my home key - and am not certain that it is ROM related - the search key was not functioning when i purchased the rooted D1 and have had 'right side screen issues' all along - now migrating left -
    Question - is there anyway to re-assign another key (camera/volume) or perhaps create a widget or shortcut to emulate home? I'm running liquid0624 1.85 and it has done wonders to stabilize many issues on my phone - but having to back my way home - shuting down everything to get there-really-really -stinks...
  6. Drodisho

Drodisho New Member

Look I cant use my phone at all without shutting down and now it goes directly my messages so I can't even see the home screen. I'm not as familiar as most so I'm lost. Any help would be greatly appreciated....but I mean like android galaxy for dummies type help...
    Thanks,
    Dixie
  7. JerseyFrankU

JerseyFrankU New Member

Help w home screen

I've not had a lot of luck getting the folks who know stuff steppin up to help dear -unless the hint (by your name) of a damsel in distress packs any weight - don't know if i can offer much - but if you want to give me more details, Ill try...
Search tags for this page
android home key not working rom
cm 11 fix home button not working
cm7 home button

cm7 home button not working

cm7home toets werkt niet
droid x2 cm7 home button
droid x2 home button not work after flash
home button broke xoom cm 11
home button cm7
home button no function in android
home button not working cm7