Home ++ (another home replacement)

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
Widget

With Home ++ you dont even need it - just swipe the taskbar at the bottom left and you have those options.

Well, go figure that! :) Never knew that was there! All this time I had been downloading these different single widgets to do that stuff. :)

Thanks!

Stigy,

What widget are you using for the gps, bt, wireless below? I like that! :)

It's power control. It's a stock app.

thathxckid

Reaction score
I have to say I love home++. I tried a few other home replacments and h++ fits me better. The only thing I had an issue with is on the stock gallery I get a fc when I open it have to reopen then its good for an hour or so. Hoping it don't keep up. So far over all its great love every bit of it.

Ainvar

Reaction score
I am now torn between this and GDE.

It is too late for me to return GDE now since I have found this HS replacement.

They both seem to have their pros and cons. I would love to be able to replace some of the icons on the bottoms with ones I use more.

I don't need to turn notifications on and off since I like the bar at the top. So I would like to replace that one with something else. I dont want a task manager icons so lets be able to replace that one. Same with the bookmark and search button. I have a hardware search button to much waste on the screen IMO.

The swipe is cool but the battery and such at the bottom is not needed with stock notification bar across the top.

I like the quickness and such though with this HS replacement and the extra screen.

metalmenance

Reaction score
I have tried each one and am really liking the home++ right now
its stable and fast on my droid and just seems to make the screen look so
slick and smooth without the top stock notification bar big plus when using the large clock on screen and dont have to see two clocks,

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I just came back from GDE to Home++. GDE is great but not wallpaper friendly. I couldn't take that wallpapers were split into two halves... no centered image like the 'home' with Home++ (and stock).

I'd like to see the "Search" function on the bottom dock taken away... it's pointless and redundant to be there since the phone has a permanent soft key for "search". I'm actually really confused as to why this would have even been included in the dock. I'd like to see the 'app drawer' button centered in the dock (when scrolled all the way right) so that it resembles the 2.0 set up more... it's off-center and there's room if you REMOVE the search button LOL!

Other than that Home++ has enough for me to over shadow the 'cube effect' on GDE.

thebowers

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Home++ is great but I have been using PandaHome a lot more lately. It shows up as 91Pandahome on my home selector. The main reasons I like PH is that you can have up to 11 screens without any division of the wallpaper. Second reason is the docks or drawers that move with each screen. Makes it so that you can use more widgets and put important shortcuts in the drawers.

I like the notification bar toggle on Home++. So, if PH could get the same and support for widgets in the drawer. I would have no use for any other home alternative.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Home++ is great but I have been using PandaHome a lot more lately. It shows up as 91Pandahome on my home selector. The main reasons I like PH is that you can have up to 11 screens without any division of the wallpaper. Second reason is the docks or drawers that move with each screen. Makes it so that you can use more widgets and put important shortcuts in the drawers.

I like the notification bar toggle on Home++. So, if PH could get the same and support for widgets in the drawer. I would have no use for any other home alternative.

Panda stretched my wallpaper way too much. Never looked as clear as it did on stock or Home++. Seems like even if you only have 4 or 5 screens set with Panda the wallpaper is still stretched to the 11 screen size. With this screen the DROID has I refuse to sacrifice my wallpaper... why I left GDE... :(

ice456789

Reaction score
Everyone using home++ should try out their sample animated widget. I said before that hiding the notification bar isn't something I'd be interested in so as of right now I'm not using Home++. But as soon as animated widgets start popping up all over the market, home++ will be the standard for all other home replacements to meet. Here's the link for their sample widget.

chart

Shel

Reaction score
Home++ comes with a flip clock that, unlike other flip clock widgets on the market, actually FLIPS!

It's pretty cool, but I guess the thrill wears off after a little while.

I am waiting to see some other animated widgets... sounds promising.

(Downloaded, then uninstalled the demo. It was basically a video of a running horse... press run, the horse runs... press stop, he stops...)

Appleanche

Reaction score
I'm pretty impressed, it's polished, seems to run fast, and has some nice features.

I'm really excited about the widget feature too.. I'll keep an eye on it.

shademar

Reaction score
I'm really liking home++. It actually seems to run quite a bit smoother than the default home app (at least until the stutter between screens in default is fixed.) I also just figured out you could swipe the menu bar aside for the notification bar (in addition to other ways of accessing it.) I like how little screen real estate the whole thing can take while still being extremely functional.

I hope other devs jump on board with animated app support. Either way, I'm sticking with this one for now.

Reaction score
Panda stretched my wallpaper way too much. Never looked as clear as it did on stock or Home++. Seems like even if you only have 4 or 5 screens set with Panda the wallpaper is still stretched to the 11 screen size. With this screen the DROID has I refuse to sacrifice my wallpaper... why I left GDE... :(

They fixed that on the latest update :) Now it stretches the wallpaper as needed based on the number of screens you have.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
FYI...

E-mailed the developer and he told me that the bottom dock will be customizable in the near future! Sweet!!!!:icon_ banana:

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score

They fixed that on the latest update :) Now it stretches the wallpaper as needed based on the number of screens you have.

Excellent to know. Thanks for the info. First one to respond to it :)

Will keep that in mind as Panda did run very smooth... but Home++ is my cup of tea!... not to mention the developer has been kind enough to respond to E-mails so I'm gonna give him the benefit of the doubt!

Ainvar

Reaction score
FYI...

E-mailed the developer and he told me that the bottom dock will be customizable in the near future! Sweet!!!!:icon_ banana:

Yup the developer is very responsive when it comes to emailing him with questions, bug, or concerns.