Home and Search Keys Not Working; Screen Not Locking

Dukefrukem

Reaction score
Like the title says, Home and Search Keys Not Working; and my Screen is Not Locking....

I'm also not getting my text notification and my Better Keyboard turned itself off...

a lot of strange things happened at once. I didn't do anything major to my phone today. A quick google search showed this person also is experiencing the same thing today. Coincidence?

OP
D

Dukefrukem

Reaction score
This problem just happened to me today. With the Home and Search Keys not working, nor the lock pattern, my GPS is also not working and when people call me it goes straight to voice mail. I still receive Texts and I can get on the internet but all the other issues are present. I have a lot of contacts on my phone that are not from my google account (at least I don't think they are) so doing a factory reset on the phone scares me cuz I don't want to lose those contacts. Is there any reason why this problem would occur or what could cause it. And is there any other resolution? Please help, I just got this phone about 2 weeks ago and I love it but I'm affraid this is going to mess up all the settings that took so long to set. Please assist, thank you!

exact same thing is happening to me

PyroManiac

Reaction score
well...

battery pull..make sure you didn't install any weird apps. While battery is still out perform a hardware reset...IE: Plug charging cable in...while battery is out of unit. Once you see lights...unplug. This will not delete or remove any settings. Wait another 30...put everything back together again.

OP
D

Dukefrukem

Reaction score
battery pull..make sure you didn't install any weird apps. While battery is still out perform a hardware reset...IE: Plug charging cable in...while battery is out of unit. Once you see lights...unplug. This will not delete or remove any settings. Wait another 30...put everything back together again.

Should have mentioned I already have done this.