Home and Search Buttons Not working on pe5

Discussion in 'Project Elite' started by doublea500, Feb 24, 2011.

1. doublea500

doublea500 New Member

i have a droid 1. i tried to flash pe5 and it worked fine until i rebooted. once i rebooted, when i clicked the home and search buttons nothing happened. however they did vibrate when i clicked them. i tried to rewipe but i got the same result.
  2. xkape

xkape Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

if i recall from earlier roms's.. even stock really.... the first time you click on that thing, it asks you what you want it to do.. in my case, search the web or open voice search (i think.. been awhile).. anyway... that has to be stored in memory somewhere then so I ouwld think there would be a way to clear the data from it and then push the button, tell it what to do and all would be well.

Of course, I have no real basis to back this up on, I am just trying to make a guess to give you something to look into.
  3. doublea500

doublea500 New Member

Uhhh I get what you mean. I did set it correctly though. Don't think that's the problem because it starts after I reboot my droid. Ty though

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  4. huskerkate

huskerkate Premium Member Premium Member

they're working on mine. maybe try to dl the rom again (in case something was corrupted) and reflash it (try without wiping first).
  5. doublea500

doublea500 New Member

You mean to flash it with wiping then flash the same thing w/o wiping? I actually made a nandroid backup when I had pe5 and after that backup that's when the problem started (that was the second attempt). I guess ill try your way. I'll also try to use tb backup and not restore the red things and spare parts and swype.

6. K1K

K1K Member

I have had the same issue with every Gingerbread ROM that's out. Only I have to press the home or settings button 3-4 times before it will work.
    I have not tried PE v5 yet but will later today. I've been waiting hopeing there GB rom would solve my problem.
  7. doublea500

doublea500 New Member

well i flashed pe5 again and then the first thing i did was reboot. once i rebooted the Home screen DID work. then i used tb to restore my apps. then i did another reboot and the home did NOT work. there must be somethign im restoring thats causing this. any ideas on what it could be? i did not do any of the red apps when i restored. i tried flashing the rom again w/o wipe once i restored using tb. i have a new idea. im going to reflash/wipe and NOT restore the system apps.
  8. Riley

Riley New Member

This! Every GB rom I have used including this one(best one) I have to hit my home key like 2-3 times before they respond.

9. sonicfreak360

sonicfreak360 New Member

Well try restoring one app at a time, and see which one causes your home button to stop working. Otherwise, go to every app you have installed, and see if there is a button that says "clear defaults". If so, try clicking it and seeing if your home button works!

10. doublea500

doublea500 New Member

i actually tried that and there were no apps with clear defaults. i didnt try the first part where i did it one at a time. actually restoring w/o the system apps, it works now.
  11. xkape

xkape Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

What app opens when you push the button? Perhaps restoring that particular app is causing the issue.
  12. doublea500

doublea500 New Member

Noo thatwasnt the problem. The problem was that nothing happened when I clicked the search and home buttons. Something in my system data that I backed up from another rom caused it not to work. In the miui rom, they actually say not to restore system data if your comming from another rom. It works now, and this roms amazing!

13. Buster Nuts

Buster Nuts New Member

I had the same problem, along with several others (ie my lockscreen settings would not stick after a reboot, my homescreen would reset after a reboot). reflashed a few times, same thing would always happen. i was using tibu but only to restore apps and things like call log and wifi access points, even if i skipped restoring ALL my account info, i still would have issues.

EVERYTHING, however, was fixed by NOT restoring any system apps/data whatsoever in tibu - nothing green or red. if something is not working, i'd rewipe and reflash and only restore market apps.

the good news is you can restore your call log and sms msgs with these apps and they work just fine...and yes, they are both free:
    Call Logs Backup & Restore - Android Stuff

SMS Backup & Restore Pro - Android Stuff
Search tags for this page

home button not working lg phoenix

home button not working on lg phoenix
home button on lg p505 not working

home button on lg phoenix not working

how to disable home button on lg phoenix
how to make the home button on a lg phoenix work
lg p505 android home button and search button not working

lg phoenix home button not working

lg revolution buttons stop working