Home and search button not working

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by Skurvy_Pirate, Sep 25, 2010.

1. Skurvy_Pirate

Skurvy_Pirate New Member

BBv0.5 is working pretty sweet and I'm getting better battery life than with BB0.4 (which somehow decreased my battery life by quite a bit).

But twice now after reinstalling the home and search buttons have stopped working in the OS, but still work in some apps and still vibrate on press.

Yes I have installed from scratch, and am using the updated v0.5. And they were working, but stopped after a reboot. At least, that is when I noticed it.

Anyone else having these issues?

Sent from my Droid
  2. et23kochie

et23kochie New Member

I had that problem. Ended up I had a bad download of the rom or my theme (I am still not sure which). I downloaded fresh files of each and reinstalled.
  3. sc4fpse

sc4fpse New Member

My search button is also DOA with BB 0.5. Home button works fine for me, thankfully. But the primary function of the search button does not work on the home screen. Still brings up the search menu when I try it in my music app, though. The secondary function also works on the main screen. When I hold the search button down, I get my usual popup menu for Handcent quick compose or Voice Search.
  4. jasonppp

jasonppp Premium Member Premium Member Developer

did you touch the phone before it rebooted? i got none of these problems even before adw installed
  5. BaLListic_Evo

BaLListic_Evo New Member

note there is an updated rom above. there is also a patch....dancedroid
  6. Skurvy_Pirate

Skurvy_Pirate New Member

I have actually downloaded the file twice, both from Pete's post. The first time it was the original, second time the updated one. The updated one is only to fix the problem with the search button I think.

After the install and rebooting I did not touch my phone until it rebooted. Also both times the log showed success.

Sent from my Droid
  7. sirofsirs

sirofsirs New Member

I had an issue with this also. I had accidently touched my phone before it restarted because I had stopped paying attention to it and thought it has already rebooted. I restored back to a backed up version of bb v.4, and Wiped, and reinstalled. Fixed the problem with the home screen button. However the search button still didn't work correctly. The fix for the search button can be found in the following thread: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/bugless/83116-search-key-fix-inside.html
Search tags for this page

bugless beast search button fix

droid 3 my on screen buttons above are disabled
droid x home key stopped working
home and search button glitching android power
home and search button on android not working