home address on navigation app

luannw7

Reaction score
When I received my ICS update, I noticed a few changes(improvements to features)in my navigation app which I am very dependent on btw. I was able to add my home address to Home. (like a reg. navigation tool). I did it and worked great until the update from maps came on 8-18. My phone began rebooting while in navigation. I deleted the maps update and,my navigation is working fine...Except my home address is not correct. I cant figure out how to change it! Any advice?

VidJunky

Reaction score
I found this post about renaming and editing information.
This is the long and short of it. Thanks Leon.
Here's a quick process to rename a starred place (create a custom name):
- Create a starred place in Google Maps (either on desktop or mobile), you can star either addresses or places
- In your browser go to google.com/bookmarks; all you starred places show up there as Google Bookmarks
- Click Edit link next to a starred place you want to rename
- Change the Name field to whatever you want - this will be the name of your starred place
- Add any description you want - for addressed starred places I normally copy the address from the Name field into Description field because I like to see the address easily when I browse my renamed starred places
- Save all your changes
- Go to Google Maps in your browser and refresh the page - it might take a few minutes for Bookmarks and Maps to sync, so keep refreshing

A few caveats:
- Custom starred places names will show up correctly in Google Maps in the browser (both desktop and mobile version), Google Navigation on Android
- Custom starred places names will NOT show up correctly in Google Maps for Android app (last checked in v5.10.0) - for some reason developers completely miss it.

Now if maps is taking you to the wrong place when you enter the address you can send a correction request through your pc to have the location changed to where something actually is located. I've requested several changes for example; if you Google my work by name it shows it about 3 block down the street where the address shows up. I got it to appear where it actually is. I've also done this with other places that I've visited. One I couldn't find because the address location and the actual place were so far apart. I can't remember how to do it right off, but a quick Google will tell you.