HOLY SCHNINKIES! i'm running NETFLIX, y'all.

boodafli

Reaction score
so, i've been regretting my pro purchase because of the lack of custom rom love, right? and then i heard that we might get gingerbread, and i was all, yay! but then it took FOREVER, and so i was a sad panda again. so today, i scored the TBH rooted gingerbread app. here's how it went.

first, i installed the vzw packaged GB, cuz i didn't know tbh had made one. then i read about that, and realized it had root!

so, i flashed the 2.6.2 sbf, and then did the OTA updates for .60 and .87. then i rooted with aroot.

then i installed the droid 2 bootstrapper. then i downloaded the tbh app, and installed that.

then i booted into recovery, and installed part one, then part 2.

then, i nabbed the netflix .apk from Leaked Netflix apk Comes to All Devices (with a little root magic) [UPDATE: bug fix] | Android Community and i was all set to do the editing they talk about.

so i install the netflix.apk, and it force closes after install. i go to the app drawer, and run the app, just to see.

it says i need an update, so i download the update. it runs the update, and lets me sign in.

it has the queue manager, and search, and stuff, and then there's a little button that says Resume Battlestar Galactica (last thing i watched on the ps3.) so for poos n giggles, i click it, fully expecting a 'device not supported'. nope. it's TOTALLY RUNNING! i'mma take a video of it starting and playing some stuff, and post it to youtube shortly. but i wanted to let y'all know! the PRO, the device that has gotten the least love of all the phones? totes has netflix.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Netflix has been working on the Pro for a little while now. Glad you were able to get things up and running!

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
This is nice to hear. I haven't tried netflix on my droid pro, but I use it frequently on my nook color and its great.

Kaos2flo

Reaction score
Yeah I was pretty psyched that Netflix worked with GB too. But I am running the OTA update of GB and luckily Netflix is working also.