Holy Overheating Batman

Discussion in 'Project Elite' started by motoconvert, Mar 2, 2011.

1. motoconvert

motoconvert Member

Ratings:
    +0
    So last night at about midnight my phone got super hot. I went to a lower kernal hoping that would help, and when I went into PE settings to change it every single process I have on my phone FC'd. It was one FC window after another...Luckily though I had a nandroid for 5.0 (was running 5.0.2 with epic blue theme) So any thoughts as to why this happened? I mean my battery has gotten hot before, but this happened with the phone just sitting idle.

2. GirLuvsDroid

GirLuvsDroid Senior Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I'm answering only because I don't want to leave you hanging here. I have never had the experience you just described and I have no idea what would have caused it, but I'm pretty sure it's not the 5.0.2 update.

3. mojo_droid

mojo_droid Premium Member
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +0
    it couldve been a number of things, changing the kernel is a good idea. also, when you install pe, did you do a complete wipe and did you make sure you didnt restore any system info form previous roms?

4. motoconvert

motoconvert Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks! I only posted here because it has never happened with any other ROM that I have ever used. Just thought maybe someone had any thoughts...

I always do a clean wipe. I came from UDGingerbread. I didn't wipe between 5.0 5.1 & 5.2 though...maybe try a clean install of 5.2? Have been running 5.0 all day without any troubles...

Thanks for your responses guys...

5. OneTenderRebel

OneTenderRebel Silver Member

Ratings:
    +64
    Was the phone charging while it got hot? I have noticed every so often if my phone is charging the kernel runs at max capacity and the phone gets hot fast. I don't know what causes it but a simple reboot has solved it for me personally. Now if you weren't charging, were you running any apps?

Search tags for this page

cases cause phones to overheat?

what would cause my motorola atrix to overheat