Holy grail of speed... quite possibly.

Xf53vfs3

Reaction score
Today i was fiddling with my Droid 2 (running fission 2.6.1 Froyo themed) and i decided i was going to take a step away from LauncherPro for a little bit. Reason being i simply wanted to try something else, not that there was anything at all wrong with LauncherPro.

So i went through Zeam, Home++, Go Launcher EX, and even the Gingerbread Launcher by Eugene373. After configuring each of them to my liking, i tested each out.

After everything i came to the conclusion that Zeam made my phone considerably faster starting applications from the launcher, unlocking, as well as simply navigating through home screens.

In conclusion, the general speed increase that i saw with Fission combined with the increased speed of application startup from the launcher using Zeam has made my phone a step above what it has ever been in terms of speed.

What do you guys think of my findings? Have you had any similar experiences? What are your thoughts on Zeam vs LauncherPro? And finally, anything else you think might top the combination of Zeam and Fission (configuration or application / rom combo)? Thanks.

LocoRon

Reaction score
I don't remember exact speeds, so I can't comment on which launcher has been the fastest for me, but generally, the fastest launchers come with the price of "lack of configurability".

However, ADW EX has been amazingly fast, plus it comes with tons of options, so I can get the launch exactly the way I want it. As far as I can tell, things open and transition pretty much instantaneously. :D

OP
X

Xf53vfs3

Reaction score
I don't remember exact speeds, so I can't comment on which launcher has been the fastest for me, but generally, the fastest launchers come with the price of "lack of configurability".

However, ADW EX has been amazingly fast, plus it comes with tons of options, so I can get the launch exactly the way I want it. As far as I can tell, things open and transition pretty much instantaneously. :D

True about the lack of configurability, but i havent tried out ADW EX yet.. im downloading it at the moment so ill comment again in a bit with what i think.

kptphalkon

Reaction score
I have used adw.ex for over a month and although i havent tried other launchers besides LP it gave a noticable increase in speeds...

plutonium0587

Reaction score
I had LPP and switched to ADW Ex and noticed a considerable speed increase. I have no tried the others but honestly I can't imagine it working any better than it does now. There is virtually no lag opening apps and home screen/widgets are smooth as glass. I am running Liberty 1.5

Viktorr

Reaction score
The Cake Is A Lie

Whatever is faster for you, works for you.

Not all phones are created alike.

This is my prophecy.

chitala383

Reaction score
Ive tried LP, ADW, and now zeam. Zeam is def the quickest out of the 3. It beats out adw but not by much. I like it but wish it were a little more customizeable. Im stickin w/ it for now. Rooted d2g running fission 2.4.3

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App