Holy Finishing Touches Batman, it's Sapphire 1.0

CLShade

Reaction score
Hmmm....

All installed and running well.

But the quadrant score is about half of what it used to be. The test takes a looong time to get through h.264 decoding. I briefly double checked watching a video and its not rendering well: jumpy, not smooth playback. Somethings up.

Can anyone confirm? Or should I wipe and reinstall?

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
Pretty much a flawless install and I'm already completely restored (apps, config, data, everything) after a wipe.

Major thanks to cvpcs, sniffle, and all those involved in making this my ROM of choice as long as I own my droid.

Outstanding work gents. :)

TRIKOTRET

Reaction score
I isntalled this Rom and Im getting 780 in quadrant speeds using 1.2 kernel. I usually get around 1600. Do we need to install superuser 2.1 with this Rom again :icon_eek:

ricwhic414

Reaction score
Hmmm....

But the quadrant score is about half of what it used to be. The test takes a looong time to get through h.264 decoding. I briefly double checked watching a video and its not rendering well: jumpy, not smooth playback. Somethings up.

I can confirm there is something wrong with that decoding. Not sure what the problem is.

Also thanks for the help on the gem settings I thought I was going crazy.

CLShade

Reaction score
I isntalled this Rom and Im getting 780 in quadrant speeds using 1.2 kernel. I usually get around 1600. Do we need to install superuser 2.1 with this Rom again :icon_eek:

2 posts up- we posted at the same time. I ~think~ its linked to video performance.

Thanks for the confirmation. I'll wait instead of reinstalling, then.

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hmmm....

This is because cvpcs has switched to opencore for certain media instead of stagefright - the reason is because many users were complaining of poor sound quality issues with certain streaming audio apps such as Pandora; opencore seems to handle this a lot better. However, it appears that stagefright does a better job at the tasks Quadrant uses for benchmarking (such as the h.264 decoding).

If you don't use those apps and prefer having better Quadrant scores ;), you can change this entry in build.prop:

media.stagefright.enable-player=false

Set this to

media.stagefright.enable-player=true

and reboot.

deuceup

Reaction score
Hmmm....

Same here wiped data and cache. Still same result. Everything else is fine as far as I know.

TRIKOTRET

Reaction score
Hmmm....

This is because cvpcs has switched to opencore for certain media instead of stagefright - the reason is because many users were complaining of poor sound quality issues with certain streaming audio apps such as Pandora; opencore seems to handle this a lot better. However, it appears that stagefright does a better job at the tasks Quadrant uses for benchmarking (such as the h.264 decoding).

If you don't use those apps and prefer having better Quadrant scores ;), you can change this entry in build.prop:

Set this to

and reboot.

You lost me there. What about the phone performance? WOuld it be still better this way :icon_eek:

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
The phone "performance" is as good as ever; the only thing you lose is a nice Quadrant score. :) There's a thread on these issues here if you want to learn more.

deuceup

Reaction score
Hmmm....

Set this to

and reboot.

You lost me there. What about the phone performance? WOuld it be still better this way :icon_eek:

Yes more info please. I would like to switch.

TRIKOTRET

Reaction score
The phone "performance" is as good as ever; the only thing you lose is a nice Quadrant score. :) There's a thread on these issues here if you want to learn more.

I guess no more showing off bench marks dancedroid

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
Guys, if you feel like you have audio problems with Pandora, etc., this latest Sapphire should definitely fix those problems, and there's no downside to running opencore, really, apart from it not decoding certain files as well as stagefright. But if you don't really notice any problems or don't use those streaming apps you can feel free to switch back to stagefright as well if you choose. Other than audio issues this won't impact phone performance.

By the way, you can always show off linpack scores. ;) Those will be the same no matter what media framework you want to use.

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Too bad there wasn't a gem setting to auto switch between them. It'd make life easier.