1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Holy crap this can't be real!

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid Bionic' started by altspeed, Aug 18, 2012.

1. altspeed

altspeed New Member

Dallas, Lone Star Republic, North America, Terra
    E-Z unlock for S3 says it just unlocked/relocked my bionic guys. Due my encryption education from sargentmajord I don't believe it. Sam, Sarge, Timmy? How do we test it?

HOLY CRAP! It says it locks and unlocks bionic! How do we test it? I DLed onto bionic and hit unlock, it asked, I granted SU. It said "are you sure?" I said, "Hellz to the yeah", it said "unlocked"....I clicked lock it said "are you sure?", I said "yes" it says "locked", this can't be real! how do we freakin' test it?
  2. saintlikesniper

saintlikesniper New Member

Unlock and boot into fastboot or whatever and look for lock state. If unlocked it will obviously say it hope it helps
  3. altspeed

altspeed New Member

LOL....looks like plain old fastboot to me, no lock state message. sam and i talked, I call utter BS like I suspected until someone proves it, rather see it debunked quickly and authoritatively....you guys know me, I was more than willing to brick my [crap] to check, like always.
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 18, 2012
  4. SamuriHL

SamuriHL Developer Developer

Just so people understand WHY it can't work. S3 bootloader is NOTHING like the Bionic bootloader. If this were a RAZR unlock then we'd be talking. The s3 has a 1.5 GHz dual-core Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Processor. That has NOTHING AT ALL to do with the Ti OMAP processor that recent Moto phones use. So no, this couldn't have ever worked.
  5. JayBusa102709

JayBusa102709 New Member

I just tried it also it says...that was easy and shows bootloader unlocked...weird must be a glitch in program.
  6. SamuriHL

Well, you gotta think they never expected anyone to be foolish enough to run it on a non-VZW S3, let alone a completely different phone altogether. LOL :)
  7. JayBusa102709

JayBusa102709 New Member

Rebooted to clockwork recov fasboot and stock recovery and booted up fine definitely a glitch.
  8. JayBusa102709

JayBusa102709 New Member

Also wanted to give you praise samurai you have dine sone amazing work for the android community.
  9. SamuriHL

Thanks. The glitch is that it probably doesn't have a lot of error checking in it. And what little it does have is most likely looking for how the S3 responds...not how a bionic would respond. :D
  10. JayBusa102709

JayBusa102709 New Member

Yeah that makes perfect sense.
  11. altspeed

altspeed New Member

7.0 X ten to the 28th (a seven with 28 zeros) is the number of processor/years on a sequoyah class supercomputer to crack 128 bit encryption if you assume luck and throw worst case probabilities out the window. Seven sequoyahs for every human that has ever lived running a pentillion (billion squared) years. The moto has a 256 bit encryption bootloader. Moto releases a tool, a friendly ballsy developer at moto leaks a tool, or it NEVER happens.
  12. SamuriHL

That's assuming you believe that our retail versions CAN be unlocked in the first place. And give what I've read in the last couple days, I don't.
  13. JayBusa102709

JayBusa102709 New Member

Would love to read what you are talking about. Do you have a web address or something?
  14. SamuriHL

There's not a compiled reading list for that, no. Search for OMAP e-fuse and you'll find enough of what you're looking for to realize why things aren't good for us Bionic users.
  15. sargentmajord

sargentmajord New Member

Lol i think ur math is off that fastest supercomputer on earth has a processor with 10.51 pentiflop an can do if lucky 1000 combinations a second so it would take it 1 billion billion yrs to crack the 128 bit encryption a 256 would take 10x56 yrs to crack lol an if every person had 10 of these supercomputers it would take 7x24 yrs to crack a 128 bit encryption
  16. SamuriHL

I feel safe knowing TI invested so much security in our phones. :D
  17. altspeed

altspeed New Member

And it's academic anyway. It's all about work arounds, we can't flash a kernel, but the projekt opptimizer guys proved the existing GB kernel could be given addressability and thus modification via module flashing. I think we'll get that far maybe. The modded moto phones are so stable because we have to jump through hoops for every mod we get so it has to be done by smart folks instead of a seven year old running zipslack on his mom's windows box :)

I would be happy with just an ICS kernel addressability module so we could tweak voltage and clockspeed for the CPU/GPU, that would make me even happier that ICS OTA.....Mine is stuck at 1.0Ghz even though the bogomips is over 2K etc, but it was stable at 1.266 on GB, just get me that module so I can get to 1.266CPU/384GPU on the 232 kernel and my quadrant is over 3000 and I'm a happy man.
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2012
  18. altspeed

altspeed New Member

your Konstant's I think, I just used all the people ever alive versus currently alive, multiplied the number of processors times the number of years looking for how many years it would take for one sequoyah and then back in to the other number, I mean, in my head, and I meant to post a disclaimer to you personally ;) that it assumed luck and threw worst case probabilities entirely out the window and it was just an order of magnitude illustration, very rough and liberal on the minus side of plus/minus, close enough qualifying that huh?
  19. sargentmajord

sargentmajord New Member

^ thats how we do ;)
  20. JayBusa102709

JayBusa102709 New Member

I just used twearkerz oc and have my bionic oc to 1.4 ghz. Verified by romtool box. I'll post my quadrant score.

View attachment 54775
Search tags for this page

droid bionic tweaks

flashable tweaks droid bionic
kernel tweaks rom toolbox
omap efuse hack
project lense tweakerz
rom toolbox pro kernel tweaks razr