1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

HOLY CRAP - that's ENDURANCE!!!

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid' started by Sp4rxx, Mar 9, 2010.

1. Sp4rxx

Sp4rxx New Member

Planet Earth, Northern Hemisphere, North America,
    Props to Motorola/Google for making such a tough phone!

I was working on hooking up my sound system to my car and I had to take a picture of the under-side of an amp to hook the wires to it (since it was mounted to a speaker box I didn't want to unmount it to hook up the wires - so taking a pic was the next best thing). .....

Anyway, to make a long story short, once everything was finally hooked up, I slammed my trunk shut - well not entirely. It wouldn't close all the way b/c my DROID was still sitting on the edge of the trunk, on the right edge. Well, needless to say I had a mini-freakout, but looking again, my DROID seemed unscathed. I looked at the screen - unscratched/uncracked. I picked it up, expecting to see it bent somehow, or cracked or even 'stressed' seams in the plastic - shiny black and not a scratch. I gingerly touched the screen, thinking I had completely damaged the sensitivity - everything responds as if it never happened!

AND! All this w/o any screen protector or carrying case (though I am still going to purchase one here in the near future).

w00t! w00t!

:icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana:
  2. BayouFlyFisher

BayouFlyFisher Rescue Squad

Damn!! I'm going out to slam the trunk lid on mine to see if it's that tough too!!

Well, maybe I'll just take your word for this one. :)

So, did it hurt your trunk lid??
  3. starscream

starscream Decepticon Premium Member

WOW!! my heart sunk just reading that...

thanks for sharing.. i think ill still try to keep my droid out of harms way as much as possible haha
    :icon_ banana:
  4. hondaguy520

hondaguy520 New Member

kudos to motorola, but i frikin dropped my phone 1 foot above my kitchen counter and it hit the edge of the counter then fell to the hardwood floors, well the floor did nothing but the edge of the counter put a ding on the left side of the screen, so when i look at my phone i have to ***** look at that , i was so pissed, 4 months perfect phone till just the other day :(
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2010
  5. Sp4rxx

Sp4rxx New Member

LOL @ Bayouflyfisher - no the lid barely escaped being mangled, but otherwise is fine :biggrin:
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2010
  6. JCo352

JCo352 New Member

I feel your pain, my phone has been mint for so long. Then the day before yesterday, it was in my lap and I stood up, and it fell right on the the concrete. Got a little scuff on the top left rear of it.:icon_ nono2:
  7. droid d'oh

droid d'oh New Member

Pics please! [​IMG]
  8. hondaguy520

hondaguy520 New Member

now i know what it feels like to be a parent and your kid gets hurt
  9. AnneDroid

AnneDroid Rescue Squad

Now THAT's funny!

Sp4rxx - you need to go out and buy yourself a lottery ticket!
  10. jsmcdon1

jsmcdon1 New Member

Good to know these babies are tough. I'm just glad I didn't have to find out that way. :)
  11. scoder

scoder New Member

A few weeks ago I was drunk and got pissed at my girlfriend. Long story short, I threw my droid full force onto linoleum flooring as hard as I could. Back flew off, battery flew across the room, SD card went missing for days. The next morning I put it back together and had nothing but a small dent on the top corner. So I got rid of my hangover and fru-ed it out at good ol' Verizon (which happens to be where I work) because "it constantly overheats." :) these things are tough.
  12. Vulcan1600

Vulcan1600 Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

A couple of weeks ago I had my Droid in my hand and slipped on some ice and she went flying into the porch and landed screen first.....screen unscathed but the raised area around the screen completely messed up. My wife had a good suggestion though - get a black Sharpie and color it in...voila looks good again!
  13. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

Too bad you don't have a video of it. I'd love to see that on You Tube. :)
  14. RW-1

RW-1 New Member

Yesterday mine fell from my waist, I was trying to put my daughter in the car and she didn't want to go.

The case came off my belt and went to pavement.
    just have the VZ pouch...

Well, screen ok, slider ok, have small indent on right corner metal, part of chin, where it must have hit.

Definitely saved the phone, and the metal is black therapy, no underlying color.

One would think that I'd now want another, but...

"This little Droid and I have seen a lot of action together".

Would wait for something really bad to do an ins claim...

Tough unit!
  15. tracylee

tracylee New Member

My boyfriend is running low on minutes on his plan due to family issues (and we usually don't need as many minutes as the family plan has) so he used my Droid to call his Mom. He's not used to it and nearly dropped it on the hardwood floor - we both freaked a bit! It's fine, but he managed to catch it between his knees before it hit.
  16. andulinde

andulinde New Member

Think there will be lots of stories like this.

Last Christmas, taking my wife's Versa into the shop, I was clearing out the car and laying stuff on top of the service counter, which was angled, when my Droid slipped down the counter (which was at least 1m high), glanced off a chair and bounced on the concrete floor. Battery door flew off (of course) and battery popped out, and I thought I had toasted my brand new phone. Popped the battery back in, powered it on, and it worked fine. Looked for any sign of damage - no screen damage, no functionality loss, and only the smallest scuff on the upper right corner - which has since seemingly buffed itself out of existence, as I couldn't find it a week later when I was retelling the story to a friend.

Bottom line: I am very impressed with the mechanical robustness of this device (battery door lameness notwithstanding).
  17. Sp4rxx

Sp4rxx New Member

As far as a pic and/or video response - the best I can do is a 're-enactment' because knowing how my luck changes day to day, I would probably end up completely dessimating the phone in the interest of backing up my story LOL
  18. 1stdroid

1stdroid New Member

I'm not sure how but, I nicked the top left edge next to the screen about half way down from the top. The black finish is gone and I'm looking at raw metal. I tried the sharpie trick and right after application, it's almost impossible to see. After a few times in and out of my pocket, it's gleaming silver again. The sharpie doesn't adhere well the the metal.

Has anyone been successful in touching up scratches and/or nicks? If so, it would be good to share it here.
  19. Droiddroid

Droiddroid New Member

I cannot believe this, while reading this post and thinking you broke your phone then realizing you didn't then thinking you damaged the hinges on your trunk and realizing that didn't happen either I thought I would test your theory out and I dropped my Super Droid from approx. a foot above my granite counter in the kitchen and it made a crack approx. Six inches long from the corner towards the center of the counter top! I love my Droid!
  20. bastosero

bastosero New Member

Guys and gals, be careful when you take off the battery cover on the Droid. The little grill thingy that covers the back speaker on my Droid got dented about in the middle area when I tried to take the battery cover off in a hurry. I didn't realize there was a soft spot there. If you actually press lightly, you should feel where it is. Anyway, like I said, I was trying to take off the battery cover quickly and I pushed down accidentally on that grill that covers the back speaker. I pushed down with my thumb on the grill while I used my index finger to pull down the battery cover. I didn't realize that it would dent it. It's not a major damage, but it's kind of annoying when I look at it now since it's not even anymore (OCD kicks in I suppose...LOL). I wonder if there is a replacement part for that...
Search tags for this page

droid endurance

motorola droid endurance

motorola endurance phone
www.droidendurance