HOLY CRAP - that's ENDURANCE!!!

Sp4rxx

Reaction score
Planet Earth, Northern Hemisphere, North America,
Props to Motorola/Google for making such a tough phone!

I was working on hooking up my sound system to my car and I had to take a picture of the under-side of an amp to hook the wires to it (since it was mounted to a speaker box I didn't want to unmount it to hook up the wires - so taking a pic was the next best thing). .....

Anyway, to make a long story short, once everything was finally hooked up, I slammed my trunk shut - well not entirely. It wouldn't close all the way b/c my DROID was still sitting on the edge of the trunk, on the right edge. Well, needless to say I had a mini-freakout, but looking again, my DROID seemed unscathed. I looked at the screen - unscratched/uncracked. I picked it up, expecting to see it bent somehow, or cracked or even 'stressed' seams in the plastic - shiny black and not a scratch. I gingerly touched the screen, thinking I had completely damaged the sensitivity - everything responds as if it never happened!

AND! All this w/o any screen protector or carrying case (though I am still going to purchase one here in the near future).

w00t! w00t!

:icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana:

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Damn!! I'm going out to slam the trunk lid on mine to see if it's that tough too!!

Well, maybe I'll just take your word for this one. :)

So, did it hurt your trunk lid??

starscream

Decepticon
Premium Member
Reaction score
WOW!! my heart sunk just reading that...

thanks for sharing.. i think ill still try to keep my droid out of harms way as much as possible haha
:icon_ banana:

hondaguy520

Reaction score
kudos to motorola, but i frikin dropped my phone 1 foot above my kitchen counter and it hit the edge of the counter then fell to the hardwood floors, well the floor did nothing but the edge of the counter put a ding on the left side of the screen, so when i look at my phone i have to ***** look at that , i was so pissed, 4 months perfect phone till just the other day :(

Last edited by a moderator:

JCo352

Reaction score
kudos to motorola, but i frikin dropped my phone 1 foot above my kitchen counter and it hit the edge of the counter then fell to the hardwood floors, well the floor did nothing but the edge of the counter put a ding on the left side of the screen, so when i look at my phone i have to fcuking look at that , i was so pissed, 4 months perfect phone till just the other day :(

I feel your pain, my phone has been mint for so long. Then the day before yesterday, it was in my lap and I stood up, and it fell right on the the concrete. Got a little scuff on the top left rear of it.:icon_ nono2:

droid d'oh

Reaction score
Props to Motorola/Google for making such a tough phone!

I was working on hooking up my sound system to my car and I had to take a picture of the under-side of an amp to hook the wires to it (since it was mounted to a speaker box I didn't want to unmount it to hook up the wires - so taking a pic was the next best thing). .....

Anyway, to make a long story short, once everything was finally hooked up, I slammed my trunk shut - well not entirely. It wouldn't close all the way b/c my DROID was still sitting on the edge of the trunk, on the right edge. Well, needless to say I had a mini-freakout, but looking again, my DROID seemed unscathed. I looked at the screen - unscratched/uncracked. I picked it up, expecting to see it bent somehow, or cracked or even 'stressed' seams in the plastic - shiny black and not a scratch. I gingerly touched the screen, thinking I had completely damaged the sensitivity - everything responds as if it never happened!

AND! All this w/o any screen protector or carrying case (though I am still going to purchase one here in the near future).

w00t! w00t!

:icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana:

Pics please!
dancingDroid.gif

hondaguy520

Reaction score
kudos to motorola, but i frikin dropped my phone 1 foot above my kitchen counter and it hit the edge of the counter then fell to the hardwood floors, well the floor did nothing but the edge of the counter put a ding on the left side of the screen, so when i look at my phone i have to fcuking look at that , i was so pissed, 4 months perfect phone till just the other day :(

I feel your pain, my phone has been mint for so long. Then the day before yesterday, it was in my lap and I stood up, and it fell right on the the concrete. Got a little scuff on the top left rear of it.:icon_ nono2:

now i know what it feels like to be a parent and your kid gets hurt

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

now i know what it feels like to be a parent and your kid gets hurt

Now THAT's funny!

Sp4rxx - you need to go out and buy yourself a lottery ticket!

scoder

Reaction score
A few weeks ago I was drunk and got pissed at my girlfriend. Long story short, I threw my droid full force onto linoleum flooring as hard as I could. Back flew off, battery flew across the room, SD card went missing for days. The next morning I put it back together and had nothing but a small dent on the top corner. So I got rid of my hangover and fru-ed it out at good ol' Verizon (which happens to be where I work) because "it constantly overheats." :) these things are tough.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
A couple of weeks ago I had my Droid in my hand and slipped on some ice and she went flying into the porch and landed screen first.....screen unscathed but the raised area around the screen completely messed up. My wife had a good suggestion though - get a black Sharpie and color it in...voila looks good again!

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Too bad you don't have a video of it. I'd love to see that on You Tube. :)

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yesterday mine fell from my waist, I was trying to put my daughter in the car and she didn't want to go.

The case came off my belt and went to pavement.
just have the VZ pouch...

Well, screen ok, slider ok, have small indent on right corner metal, part of chin, where it must have hit.

Definitely saved the phone, and the metal is black therapy, no underlying color.

One would think that I'd now want another, but...

"This little Droid and I have seen a lot of action together".

Would wait for something really bad to do an ins claim...

Tough unit!

tracylee

Reaction score
My boyfriend is running low on minutes on his plan due to family issues (and we usually don't need as many minutes as the family plan has) so he used my Droid to call his Mom. He's not used to it and nearly dropped it on the hardwood floor - we both freaked a bit! It's fine, but he managed to catch it between his knees before it hit.