Holy CRAP. New convert.

Discussion in 'Project Elite' started by dlnp22, Jan 2, 2011.

1. dlnp22

dlnp22 New Member

After all the fuss, I've been running this v4 puppy for a couple days to see about the hype.

I think I might be sold..........don't tell Pete.

I've NEVER had this kind of battery life.....even day 1 after purchasing with stock kernel. I thought for sure I was due for a replacement batt.

8 hours of light use(text/call/light apps), and I've JUST went from 90 to 80%.

Good God, I hope my battery stats aren't skewed.

AND SWEET JESUS, My phone hasn't liked a 1.2 kernel EVER. Is there some secret configuration in this ROM?? Because I've tried flashing Slayher's 1.2 previously with nothing but boot loops to show for it.

I heart PEv4.

That being said...I only have ONE relatively small issue. Can't get my camera to work....FC city. Will try fixing permissions and tinkering around with other ideas, but def not worried about it.
  2. GirLuvsDroid

GirLuvsDroid New Member

My camera is working fine, so I'm pretty certain it's not a ROM issue. Did you do a Titanium Backup restore and restore the system items in red, by any chance? If so, try going into TiBu and wiping the data from camera.
  3. dlnp22

dlnp22 New Member

no, didn't restore any items in red using TB...only green and white. Also found having the same constant FC's with calendar.

Just going to try and re-flash the ROM over existing......crossing fingers.

edit: and it worked :) Very strange, but good to go, now!
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2011
  4. actngrezy

actngrezy New Member Developer

Glad to see the issues are solved are your enjoying the rom.:)
  5. frodroid

frodroid New Member

I agree with OP, best rom to date.
  6. A.C.Sanchez

A.C.Sanchez New Member

Count me in. CyanogenMod started going crazy on me, and battery life was horrible. So then I moved to Liquid Frozen Yogurt, and while I was very content, I decided to try this after seeing a posting about it.

This ROM is noticeably better than both CM and LFY. Faster, smoother, I'm thoroughly impressed.

Very well done by this developer.
  7. veedubsky

veedubsky New Member

Loving this ROM! Have been solid with UD for a long time and decided to flash this for the hell of it and I AM LOVING IT!!!!! Only down side is the battery isn't lasting long at all. I only have it overclocked to 800mhz and set to ondemand. Would love to figure out the problem because I don't want to leave this ROM because its AMAZING!!! Only other downside is I don't have access to a charger all day and it dies before my 8 hour work day is over even with light to moderate use. Thats texting (SMS and Kik Messenger) and very light use of the internet. Sometimes it seems the more I use it the longer the battery lasts and the more it sits the faster it dies. Sounds weird but it happens... :huh: I always clear before I flash and my battery is almost brand new. I don't know what to do... Didn't mean to thread jack but I didn't want to start a new one but I am also a convert and am LOVING THIS ROM!!!
  8. actngrezy

actngrezy New Member Developer

Try a different kernel. Mayeb flash a lower slayher kernel. If that doesn't help try one of the sapphire kernels orchevys. Once you find the right one battery life should be great. Hopefully
  9. mtbhk44

mtbhk44 New Member

I have stopped looking for other ROM updates. That's how much I like this ROM. My only concern is looking for an update to THIS Rom - after 14 months with this phone, that's saying something. Actngrezy, you have really outdone yourself.
  10. sc4fpse

sc4fpse New Member

1100 Mhz Slayer kernel here. Battery life on cyanogenmod was nothing to write home about. But after flashing this baby... oh boy! Definitely seeing some better battery life! :)
  11. Honky Kong 64

Honky Kong 64 New Member

I have to jump in here just to say how impressed I am with this ROM. I was running Lithium for a few months, flashed over to Cyanogen for a couple weeks but b/c of Droid Life I tried this out and it finally feels like I'm running this Droid the way it was always meant to run. Thanks to the developers once I get paid I WILL be donating
  12. Honky Kong 64

Honky Kong 64 New Member

Actually I'll probably forget to donate if I put it off so I just paypal'd over some cash. Thanks again!!!
  13. veedubsky

veedubsky New Member

Will give it a try and report back after a couple days to see how it worked out. Hopefully it solves the problem because this ROM is ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!! Awesome to see the developer step right in to offer advice very quickly. Definitely donating, don't have much but I guess anything is more then nothing.
  14. GirLuvsDroid

GirLuvsDroid New Member

Try wiping your Battery stats, too. If you use ClockworkMod recovery, you can find that option under Advanced in the CM recovery menu.
  15. veedubsky

veedubsky New Member

Yea for some reason it doesn't really ever seem to do any thing on my phone. Maybe its just me not noticing any difference be it that it might be only a slight change or no change at all, I don't know.

Also donated hope it helps out, won't break your bank but I give what I can because this is an AWeSOME ROM!!!
  16. gerg004

gerg004 New Member

Well, I must also jump in here and say how impressed and happy I am with this rom. After being a steady user of MiUi for a few months now, the latest builds were driving me nuts with the random reboots. As an avid Droid-Life.com goer, their post about this Rom intrigued me and without hesitation, gave it a try. Loving every last bit of it. From the speed and stability to the great battery life. PE v4 is in its own league when it comes to battery life. A donation is in order, and will be made. Keep up the great work!
  17. Martin030908

Martin030908 DF Super Moderator

The slayher kernels didn't give me the battery life I was looking for... but switching the a Sapphire (cvpcs) kernel made all the difference.
  18. dlnp22

dlnp22 New Member

Ok, per my OP, STILL loving this snappy ROM, but had the all too familiar 50% to 20% battery drop just this afternoon; I spoke too soon.

I cleared batt stats just last night, so.....

Martin, find us another kernel! :)
  19. xkape

xkape Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

I use the stock kernel with a setting of 250min 1100 max ondemand. I upped the screen brightness cause it was way to dim for me.

After taking the phone off the charger, downloading about 5 apps and messing with voice search (my mom bought a droid today, I had to show her the cool shhhhhh) then using bluetooth to play music for about 3 hours (my convertibale leaks and it killed my radio), plaus about 20 texts and about 2 hours of actual talking on the phone (why do phones even still have that option :) ), I had 20% left at 10pm.

Point is, every kernel and every ROM will react differently on a persons phone. They are not created equal. To me, actually, that use and that battery life is bad because I am used to 2 days of use without charging. But, you know what, this ROM is fast, the battery lasts long enough for me and has enough options for personal tweaking to make me happy.

In the end, good job actngrezy... I always wanted to use this ROM since you first released it but I couldn't break away from my UD addiction. Now that I have, what's the point in even going back? Minus the themeing, they are about the same in my book except yours is way less laggier and you are actually here to answer questions.
  20. veedubsky

veedubsky New Member

Well I have been rocking and rolling on the slayher kernal 1100 (interative from 250 to 1100) and have a pretty good increase in battery life. I am not jumping the gun just yet because I have also read you sometimes need to let it settle in for a day or two but so far its looking good. ROM runs crazy smooth and fast now. Awesome ROM! :)