Holster only

mfendley

Reaction score
That is exactly the holster I have been waiting for. Thanks!

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
14 buck plus shipping....this shall be mine!!!

end of line...

Reaction score
Ordered two, for that price I need a spare & it is exactly what I wanted but nobody seemed to have. Thanks.

Reaction score
I got the two holsters and am very pleased with them, great quality, sturdy and have that nice finish like the original one on the D1 had from Motorola. A perfect product. Thanks for the link!

Also, the second one I use as a car mount. Clip it to the sun visor and it works perfect. I have a 12v that comes out by my rear view mirror so the power cord and phone are kept up high and out of my view. (This is far better than my last Droid, where I used a dash mounted clip - it blocked the AC controls for the driver's side.) Here is the picture of it, it is not slick but it is functional and keeps my dash from being cluttered or from the Droid getting in the way of cold air coming out.
visor-Mount-D3.jpg

oid

Reaction score
Good to hear it is holding up under use. It looks like the clip itself rides low. When clipped on your belt, does it act like a medieval torture device when youre sitting?

That visor setup is way trick. What charger is that?

Reaction score
Good to hear it is holding up under use. It looks like the clip itself rides low. When clipped on your belt, does it act like a medieval torture device when youre sitting?

That visor setup is way trick. What charger is that?

No, it doesn't pinch or anything, at least on me body type.

The charger is a dual USB receiver that I picked up at WalMart. I just use a USB to Droid power cable and it provides power just fine. The second opening is in case I have a power hungry passenger...

oid

Reaction score
No, it doesn't pinch or anything, at least on me body type. The charger is a dual USB receiver that I picked up at WalMart. I just use a USB to Droid power cable and it provides power just fine. The second opening is in case I have a power hungry passenger...
The closest I see is this one. Is that it? Looks like all the others plug directly into the power socket.

Reaction score
The closest I see is this one. Is that it? Looks like all the others plug directly into the power socket.

Oh, I misunderstood your question. What I did was buy a female, 12v cigarette lighter type socket and have it hard wired to the battery. The power cord runs up the a-pillar and up to the rear-view mirror area. I then have the 2-USB port plug inserted into that. The socket I got was something like $5 from Pep-Boys. It works great in that I can use it for the phone and a NAV if I want to use a NAV on a long trip.

REMilk

Reaction score
Oh, I misunderstood your question. What I did was buy a female, 12v cigarette lighter type socket and have it hard wired to the battery. The power cord runs up the a-pillar and up to the rear-view mirror area. I then have the 2-USB port plug inserted into that. The socket I got was something like $5 from Pep-Boys. It works great in that I can use it for the phone and a NAV if I want to use a NAV on a long trip.

If you hard-wired the 12v power outlet, I hope it had an in-line fuse.

I installed several 12v power outlets in my Honda Element, one specifically for the micro-USB power cord.