Holster/case combo

Droid1610

Reaction score
I know the phone is really new and over the next few weeks/months there will other companies launching products for the device but I'm curious if anyone has been able to find any holster/case combos for the phone?

I have found the Qmadix case which looks great and I was hoping to find some reviews on it before I buy it and I've seen and the Motorola combo which has been out of stock for days and I really don't like the kickstand on it as I work in construction and I know it will get hoooked on something or allow extra dust/dirt in since its not a sealed rear cover. I spoke to customer service and they don't know when it will come in and due to the shortage they agreed to give me free overnight shipping on top of my 25% discount which seems like a good deal but I don't know if like the case design enough to actually buy it..

I'm hoping otterbox or ballistic will launch a case since they are heavy duty rugged style that will stand up in my line of work but I guess what I'm asking is anyone else has come across any holster/cases similar to any of the ones listed? If you have please post any details or a link for them,

Thanks - Drew

Raptor007

Reaction score
I emailed them about the case fitting with an extended battery and they said no. Now I don't know if they realize the extended battery is hardly a bulky hump like every other phone out there or not.

Verizon also has a case/holster combo on their site and should be in store as well.

Set Your Location

Of course its out of stock, but check eBay you may find it there or in stores. I have used these case/holster combo's from Verizon in the past and they work very well.

OP
D

Droid1610

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I have also used the cases from verizon infact I used the regular belt clip for my droid 1 and it was a very good solution, I just hate the kickstand thing on the droid 3 rear cover. I spoke to ballistic today and they won't be designing a case due to the slide design. Otterbox has a case now posted on there site as an upcoming design with no ETA so who knows when that will come out.

As of right now Qmadix looks like the best solution even though it is one of the highest priced cases ($38 shipped) but I guess if it keeps my new phone safe then it will be worth it. I might wait till Thursday and go look at the case from verizon when the accessories hit the stores maybe in person its not that bad.

cloudstrife05

Reaction score
Thx for the link. Just bought mine. $23 (with my discount) after tax AND free overnight shipping, not a bad deal.
This will hold me over till some of the other products come out.

otacon

Reaction score
Yeah I got a discount on the extended battery couldn't snag one on that case. I can't stand pouches so I'm glad they had a holster out as soon as it launched.

OP
D

Droid1610

Reaction score
I went ahead and ordered one of the verizon combos after going to the store and seeing it in person, I was really unsure about the kickstand design but after seeing it I think it will work just fine.

I explained that I'm a construction worker to the lady and I questioned the durability and she said I have a 1 year warrenty on accessories and if it breaks then I can bring it back and get a new case, she said the warrenty is for manufacturer defects but she also said if the hinge breaks or something that it can be registered as a defect and replaced under warrenty... so I felt comfortable getting one. Unfortunatly I ordered past the cut off time for the overnight shipping so it will actually be overnighted on todays shipping and get delivered tomorrow...

Raptor007

Reaction score
I look forward to seeing some pics of the case. Its really annoying that the extended battery is just a slight bit thicker and the result is none of the form fitting cases will fit.

otacon

Reaction score
I look forward to seeing some pics of the case. Its really annoying that the extended battery is just a slight bit thicker and the result is none of the form fitting cases will fit.

I have the extended battery. It slides fine with no binding at all also. I have the multimedia dock also and it fits fine once you remove the spacer. I have large hands and prefer the case over the bare unit. Wondering what that notch is next to the camera...

v78c40.jpg
6yiicz.jpg
zwnl09.jpg
oizxiq.jpg

Last edited:

Raptor007

Reaction score
Thanks for the pics. Great news that this will fit with the extended battery on it. Getting one tomorrow.

otacon

Reaction score
Thanks for the pics. Great news that this will fit with the extended battery on it. Getting one tomorrow.

Yeah I would never buy an Android device without the extended battery..lol The case fits fine over it though, it only adds maybe a millimeter to the back of Droid. I'm hope Seidio can squeeze a few more mAh out of an extended battery without adding anymore thickness.

You might tempted to use the original cover with the extended battery because it will fit if you use a little muscle. Don't do it. Use the cover that comes with the extended battery. The case fits with it just fine. All batteries expand slightly when warm (ie. when they are charging) that's why they included the larger cover. I've seen some people using the original cover with the extended battery and they are asking for trouble down the road.

Raptor007

Reaction score
otacon, did you get your case/holster combo at your local Verizon store? All of the stores in my market do not have them in stock and the online store is back ordered as well. I would gladly send you the funds via PayPal if you could pick one up and ship it to me USPS Priority Mail. I would send you the price for the case, tax and shipping charges. Just say the word.

otacon

Reaction score
otacon, did you get your case/holster combo at your local Verizon store? All of the stores in my market do not have them in stock and the online store is back ordered as well. I would gladly send you the funds via PayPal if you could pick one up and ship it to me USPS Priority Mail. I would send you the price for the case, tax and shipping charges. Just say the word.

Verizon says it's in stock....

Motorola DROID 3 Shell/Holster Combo from Verizon Wireless

kmwatts

Reaction score
Nice to see the case works well with the extended battery, I might just pick one up (the battery), I've got the case and love it.