1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Hold X and Power Key and all I get is the M Logo?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Docmhz, Jul 2, 2010.

1. Docmhz

Docmhz New Member

Hello,

I started to go down the path of putting Bugless Beast on my Droid a couple months ago. I used Matth3w's thread and got through the terminal emulator before I got busy with other things and stopped. I'd like to try out the new BB 4, but I cannot get the phone to do anything but give me the Motorola logo when I boot up holding X and the power key.

The phone will boot up normally and I can use it, but I cannot get into the proper screen to wipe and load the new rom.

Any advice?

Thanks
  2. christim

christim Super Moderator

The phone boots, so the battery is not an issue (or the phone thinking the battery is an issue)

Try the first link in my signature, post 13. That will make sure you have sprecovery installed correctly. Then you can install BB instead of the froyo rom mentioned there. If you need rsd lite and are having problems the visit the 3rd link in my signature for troubleshooting hints.
  3. Docmhz

Docmhz New Member

Thanks, am waiting for the battery to fully charge and will try those instructions.
  4. agdaniels

agdaniels New Member

If you are using clockwork, try using rom manager to flash an older recovery version. 1.8.1.4 I believe works well, then use the reboot into recovery option in rom manager.
  5. Docmhz

Docmhz New Member

Ok so I've installed sprecovery, RSD lite rebooted my phone and says 100% executed, status is "in process". It is asking me to manually power up the phone, but all I have is the Motorola logo and I'm not sure if I need to disconnect at this point as it says that it is not completed and may damage my device.

6. cyb3rtr0n

cyb3rtr0n New Member

Last edited: Jul 2, 2010
  7. Docmhz

Docmhz New Member

8. Docmhz

Docmhz New Member

Just an update, I got BB 4 working with Smoked Glass. Awesome! Thanks for all your help!
Search tags for this page
held down the power and x button on droid
hold key startup hacks

hold x and power on droid

hold x droid
holding down x through power up?
where is the x i hold down on phone