Hold to Cap/rooting

BlacknGold

Reaction score
I just got my DP yesterday and I have to say, I'm loving it as much as I thought I would.

I came from a Tour and was a long time BB user but was ready to move to something more up to date, but could not give up my physical keyboard.

The ONE thing I truly miss about my BB though is holding down a letter to capitalize it. I never realized just how much I did that!!

Anyone know of a setting or app that allows this?

I also rooted my phone using Z4 and tried to install busybox (even though I have no clue what it does, I just read that's what to do) and I have an icon for busybox installer, but when I click it it says it's installing busybox, and that my phone is rooted, but I don't have an icon for the actual busybox app.

Any suggestions on what to do from here to maximize my experience are greatly appreciated.... thanks!

spydergirl

Reaction score
I also miss my "hold to cap" option from my BB Tour. Used that option ALL the time and had to UN-train my fingers not to hold the key for caps. I, too, would be interested in an app that served that purpose.

google123

Reaction score
Former Tour owner here also.....

I also rather miss that feature of the Tour. Everything else on this Pro is mo betta :). I also wish that I could press/hold any key from the homescreen and directly dial a contact like I could with the Tour. I have already set the search to only bring up only contacts so its still quite easy but press/hold direct dial would be even better. Camera shutter button using the space bar/programmable side button would be good too instead of the onscreen thing. Holding the phone sideways and pressing the space key would help with taking better pics cuz i tend to move the phone slightly when pressing the onscreen shutter button.

StingRay

Reaction score
I just got my DP yesterday and I have to say, I'm loving it as much as I thought I would.

I came from a Tour and was a long time BB user but was ready to move to something more up to date, but could not give up my physical keyboard.

The ONE thing I truly miss about my BB though is holding down a letter to capitalize it. I never realized just how much I did that!!

Anyone know of a setting or app that allows this?

I also rooted my phone using Z4 and tried to install busybox (even though I have no clue what it does, I just read that's what to do) and I have an icon for busybox installer, but when I click it it says it's installing busybox, and that my phone is rooted, but I don't have an icon for the actual busybox app.

Any suggestions on what to do from here to maximize my experience are greatly appreciated.... thanks!

BnG

There isn't an icon for busybox...it's basically tools that are for using commands...

Easiest way to load busybox for sure is to download Titanium Backup from the market....once you install it prompts you if you have "PROBLEMS" and if you answer yes it downloads and installs busybox...

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk