hola

shagmanjug

Reaction score
I just bought a Droid X and loving it. For some odd reason Im getting local police related text messages from myself. Stuff like brush fire on 1234 Logan Street 6000-1895, Possible Stroke Victim 1234 Spam Street 6008-1345. Its really wierd but I think its kinda cool. It is a brand new phone I havent done anything to it yet. It seems that I only get them when I am at home. Havent set up wifi yet. Anyways Im going to do some google'n to see what I can find.

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome!! Be sure to check out both the Droid Discussions section and the separate DX section - tons of info to get you in tune with your device. Jump in, get involved, and join in the fun!! :)

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Welcome can't imagine why you are getting those texts. Let us know if you find out that's kinda interesting. Enjoy the stay and dive on into the community

Sent from my rooted D2

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Are they texts or emails? Their are several things this can be. One biggy, if its a texts you should check to see if their are any premium services on your account. Its possible that maybe somehow it got added to your account. Check your Vz account on verizon.com and see.
My dad who is a fire chief gets updates like this through his droid so maybe the person who had your previous # was in the fire system or something. id leave it as it sounds cool to me. :)