[Hoax!] Bootloader encryption possibly broken!

jzmax22

Reaction score
I just everyone to know , i am just telling you what i am reading on IRC. In no way are these my views. I dont know if Nenolod has done this in the past or not. im just reiterating what i read. Think happy thoughts.

KHeeney5

Reaction score
This is exciting. Even if it is fake, alias was able to get codes somehow. So you never know. :) Can't wait to hear.

just4747

Reaction score
I asked nenolod in the IRC chat why all the devs think this is fake/non-working and he said because they don't know math/crypto well and that they have no idea what to look for.

He also said some people are saying "the crypto is so broken now that you can sign it with any key you like as long as it fits the modified elgamal model".

I asked him about the C&D they sent him and he said he wants to get it made into a screen-printed toilet paper roll and send Moto a roll haha.

So just passing on info but it seems like he wasn't BSing.

db306

Reaction score
Well then. Nenolod is just gonna have to give them a quick tutorial! :)dancedroid

Snow02

Reaction score
He explained how to do it. Supposedly, it's not difficult. Generate an sha-1 hash, pop some stuff into mathematica, compute. You can get the general gist reading the wiki pages on dsa/elgamal signing.

db306

Reaction score
He explained how to do it. Supposedly, it's not difficult. Generate an sha-1 hash, pop some stuff into mathematica, compute. You can get the general gist reading the wiki pages on dsa/elgamal signing.

Aaaaaah ya that's what I was gonna say! :):)

reznorfan0

Reaction score
I am optimistic on this. Looking back at how much the community helped me squeeze out of my old D1, I can't wait for the handcuffs to come off of the Dx.

In the words of Al Bundy..."lets rock".

Dmiller2007

Reaction score
I just hope this isn't a massive trolling. Can anyone verify alias got keys from that method?

Dmiller2007

Reaction score
Thanks. I'm only interesting in hearing what freemymoto has to say about this. idc what the other devs think about the matter. Keep on keeping on guys.