Hmmm...Epic Slowness

Eugers

Reaction score
Okay, so my phone isn't exactly lagging but.....

I re-rooted today after a clean wipe, installed superclean 2.92 and flashed the PB&J 50 voodoo Kernel.

Everything was running SUPER fast and SUPER smooth until....I was trying to insert an emoji font into my system\fonts folder.

I was using superuser and accidentally deleted the DroidBoldfont. (I KNOW RIGHT?) Well within a few minutes, my phone started to vibrate randomly, and reboot every 2 minutes.

So I reflashed my nitsuj17 gingerbread theme, rebooted, then reflashed my pb&j kernel.

That fixed the reboot and restored my font but.....It's running as fast as my phone was when it was stock.

I need heeeeeeelllp!!!! This is getting frustrating

Jamis0n

Reaction score
Do you have setcpu?

SC 2.9.2v
Blue Steel theme

hecantbreathe

Reaction score
Try flashing superclean 2.9.2 in clockwork mod recovery.

boot to clockwork mod recovery
wipe cache
wipe dalvik cache
install zip of superclean 2.9.2
reboot
go back to cwm recovery
install pb&j kernel
2.9.2 Voodoo
2.9.2 Non Voodoo

OP
Eugers

Eugers

Reaction score
I just started from scratch again. But this time I did flash the superclean 2.9.2 frankenclean voodoo.

I think my titanium backup for my sms and contacts (which i guess did properly backup) started to glitch with my backup assistant. And then facebook would auto sync all 1200 friends onto my phone. That would be a constant menage a trois of conflicting data lol.

One question....it's gonna sounds noobish again, but I just want to fill in a few more blanks.

After I flashed my pb&j kernel....will there be any conflicts if and when I flash a theme....like if I were to re-flash my gingerbread theme?

hecantbreathe

Reaction score
I just started from scratch again. But this time I did flash the superclean 2.9.2 frankenclean voodoo.

I think my titanium backup for my sms and contacts (which i guess did properly backup) started to glitch with my backup assistant. And then facebook would auto sync all 1200 friends onto my phone. That would be a constant menage a trois of conflicting data lol.

One question....it's gonna sounds noobish again, but I just want to fill in a few more blanks.

After I flashed my pb&j kernel....will there be any conflicts if and when I flash a theme....like if I were to re-flash my gingerbread theme?

There shouldn't be any conflict with the theme and kernel. Just make sure you never flash a non voodoo kernel over a voodoo kernel without disabling the lag fix first.

OP
Eugers

Eugers

Reaction score

There shouldn't be any conflict with the theme and kernel. Just make sure you never flash a non voodoo kernel over a voodoo kernel without disabling the lag fix first.

I'll make sure of that. Is there any reason to flash a nonvoodoo kernel once you start flashing voodoo?

hecantbreathe

Reaction score

I'll make sure of that. Is there any reason to flash a nonvoodoo kernel once you start flashing voodoo?

I'm not going back to non voodoo.

Sent from my SC'd 2.9.2 ComaVolt'd Fascinate

OP
Eugers

Eugers

Reaction score

I'm not going back to non voodoo.

Sent from my SC'd 2.9.2 ComaVolt'd Fascinate

My thoughts exactly. Cells back up and running smoothly :)
Backed everything up and hopefully I won't be having any more issues haha

wil318466

Reaction score
Best thing to do is restart. Wipe Davlik and cache,back to non-voodoo, back to stock, reroot, reflash CWM, reflash rom, then redo voodoo.

Lots of steps. I can do it really fast because I'm so used to it now.

It's compeltely and totally worth it. I have the baddest phone of anyone I know. Seriously.