Hiya

GNS1310

Reaction score
My contract is just about up with Verizon, and I'm ready to renew and get a Smartphone. I've done my homework and Droid is my choice! I'm sure I'll be asking a ton of questions in the next few weeks, thanks in advance for any and all help!

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
My contract is just about up with Verizon, and I'm ready to renew and get a Smartphone. I've done my homework and Droid is my choice! I'm sure I'll be asking a ton of questions in the next few weeks, thanks in advance for any and all help!

Welcome, GNS1310! You've made a wise decision and you won't be disappointed in your choice when you finally get your hands on that Droid! The possibilities are endless for customization. So to take up some time (waiting is a drag), read, read, and read some more. You'll be amazed at how much you can teach yourself by reading the threads here in the forum! Here's a great one about app recommendations.

Forget the top 5, list ALL of your apps

Have you called Verizon about an early upgrade? They're usually very responsive (and complaining a little about your current phone and the issues you're having won't hurt either). We've seen people report that Verizon let them upgrade as much as 30 days early. Hey, it's worth a shot, right? Enjoy!

:welcome:

MiXoLoGiSt

Reaction score
Welcome to the Forums.

The droid is a great device but make sure you do your homework on upcoming devices as well. The HTC Incredible and Google Nexus One are supposed to be released on Verizon very soon so i would weigh my options between the Droid, Incredible and Nexus One before making a purchase.

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
:welcome: to the forum GNS! You're making a great decision :D