1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Hiss using headphone jack??

Discussion in 'Thunderbolt Tech Support' started by runswithpickles, Mar 18, 2011.

1. runswithpickles

runswithpickles New Member

I've got a pair of 32ohm Yurbuds that work perfectly with my Droid OG but have a horrible hiss with the Thunderbolt. Anyone else having issues with earbuds/headphones/IEM's?

However, I can use my crappier quality 24ohm Philips SHS391 wraparounds and they work fine although I have to turn it up to 9 just to get decent volume.

Music via the speaker works flawlessly and without hiss. And is plenty loud.
  2. runswithpickles

runswithpickles New Member

Anyone?

Also I read that some others with older HTC handsets had issues. Not hiss issues necessarily but more like issues with songs skipping or the music playing shutting down, etc.

I read that HTC uses a TRRS (Tip, Ring, Ring, Sleeve) headphone jack rather than a TRS (Tip, Ring, Sleeve) jack which is more typically found. I believe the Iphone now uses a TRRS jack and that their earbuds have a plug that has three white or black rings instead of two that you see on most 3.5mm plugs.

I'm going to head to Radioshack to see if they have a 3.5mm TRS to TRRS converter and see if that takes care of the issue.

I still wanna know know how many others out there are getting the hissy-hiss.
  3. Narsil

Narsil Active Member

I get a bit of hiss but not too terrible out of my Zagg smartbuds. I don't think any noticeable hiss is really acceptable but it's not so bad that I want to rip the buds out of my ears.
Search tags for this page

android phone hiss earphone

headphone jack hiss on android device

htc incredible 2 headphone jack trs

iphone hissing headphones