highlighting/copying/pasting/removing events from calendar

Shill

Reaction score
Alright guys, first question, how would I go about highlighting text whether it be in an email, the browser, or somewhere else so that I may copy it and paste it where desired. I have only seen the ability to do so in a text editing box. never for that contained in an email or webpage.

Other would be facebook is adding farmville events to my calendar, i never play this game and could care less about what they have to say. how can I remove a recurring event such as this that is synced to the phone without losign all my other events that came along with syncing facebook?

dricacho

Reaction score
The only time I have been able to do copy and paste is when the info I'm copying is in a field. For example, if you are in your contacts and you want to copy a friends phone# so you can text it to another friend, then all you have to do is long-press in that field, then a menu will come up and select copy all. You will have to be in the edit screen of that contact. You can do the same if you want to copy and paste a text message. As for email text, I have had no luck.

As for facebook events syncing with your calendar, I don't let facebook sync any info into my phone. I made a mistake of allowing facebook to sync into my phone and it flooded my phone with all kinds of events that I don't give a rats about. It made it difficult to find my own events that I've entered into my phone. So I deleted the facebook app and the email account associated with it from my phone. That was the only way I was able to keep facebook from polluting my phone.

OB1J3D1

Reaction score
The only thing Facebook puts on my calendar is birthdays. I think I used some settings to disallow events and allow birthdays. They were separate. I want to say it's either in accounts, calendar, or facebook settings.

crimsonblake

Reaction score
Uncheck "My Calendar" from your synced calendars. That seems to the culprit with the facebook silly birthdays and events. It clogged up my Calendar Pad widget.