Highest overlook speeds?

OP
S

spiznastee

Reaction score
Oh, for me, so far 1497mhz using setcpu on dasbamf 1.6, which seems to be the max the
setcpu profile will allow. Anyone bothered to manually go past that limit?

Jeyman

Reaction score
Oh, for me, so far 1497mhz using setcpu on dasbamf 1.6, which seems to be the max the
setcpu profile will allow. Anyone bothered to manually go past that limit?

I did test out on bamf 1.6.0 Leankernel 1.2.3. It OCs to 1.92 Ghz. overkill by far. I ran a few Quadrant Standard tests and hit 3000~3500 scores.

Im on 1.6.2 now and the kernel it comes with has great life so I see no point to OC past 1.4~ Some phones can deal with the higher OCs(others wont) Im lucky I guess, not that ill get use from it lol

Raziel36

Reaction score
1.92... works great. Using SetCPU with CM7 ROM and Imoseyon's leanKernel 1.92 extreme AOSP kernel. I usually keep it at 1.5 or so, but 1.92 is great when gaming.

Sent from my ThunderBolt using DroidForums

Its TwiX

Reaction score
Going past 1.4 is pretty pointless unless you are a gamer. The difference in speed is hardly noticeable after that.

Sent from my BAMFed out Thunderbolt

OP
S

spiznastee

Reaction score
Going past 1.4 is pretty pointless unless you are a gamer. The difference in speed is hardly noticeable after that.

I realize this, I'm more just curious from a technical standpoint how much overclocking the cpu can handle

blazednova

Reaction score
it all depends on what your individual device can handle. i can run 1.6ghz perfectly with no ill effects at all; with dasbamf 1.6.3 and drods bfs kernel i get consistent 3300 on quadrant, and 60's in linpack. There are a lucky few who can run 2ghz stable.
Technically the Processor was designed to run at 1.4ghz, but it can go much higher with the right kernel.

Larry_ThaGr81

Reaction score
To those of you who can run 1.92GHz without errors, when and where (state) did you purchase your phones?

I'm trying to see if there is a correlation between the purchase date, location and overclocking capabilities. I'm sure there isn't but you never know because that first batch of phones may have all been able to run 1.92GHz versus later batches of phones released or vice-versa. I was a early adopter of the Droid (release date) and I had no problems overclocking at 1.2GHz. I never attempted to try 1.3GHz because not many people had success with it.

amaury48

Reaction score
I purchased my TB in Tallahassee, Florida about a month ago. Once in a while (after installing a new market app) I will experience a re-boot. I fix permissions in CW, and things run ok after that.

Jeyman

Reaction score
about a week after release I bought my two TBs. I live in NY but they where mailed. I forget where they came from. I could run 1.92 GHz dont use that kernel due to battery life and what not.

Only one is Rooted, ill be working on the second one in a few weeks but now my father(other one) wont let me Root his just yet.