Higher capacity battery for milestone

Discussion in 'Motorola Milestone' started by bryant_16, May 24, 2010.

1. Szadzik

Szadzik Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Lucky you, I would never keep a phone for more than a year.

In two years' tim ecome back here and tell us how much worse the battery life is. If you can notice it at all it will mean you got a really bad battery.

We are not in the 90s anymore where NiCd and NiMh batteries were used and you had to worry about it all the time. This is 2010 and such stuff is pretty good, lasts a long time and is cheap, so replacing a battery will not be a problem.
    As for the sany, I would hope to have it for a few years too.

2. dmo580

dmo580 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Memory effect is a total different thing than Li-Ions having limited charge cycles. Memory effect states that if you constantly recharge at 50%, the battery life will condition itself so it will need a recharge by the time it takes you to get to 50%.

Li-Ions just like any other battery and chemistry, you can never fully recover energy. Thus over 300-500 recharge cycles, the battery will begin to degrade to about 80% of original health, and will plummet afterward.

I have a 6 year old Dell laptop that gets me about 30-40 minutes of battery off the plug. I remember getting 3.5 hrs or even 4.5 hrs with Wifi off. Yes its lithium ion. I think too many people confuse memory effect and think that they can charge their li-ion devices like mad. All it means is you don't have to fully drain your battery before charging (in fact li-ions like constant recharging... so its better to recharge at 80% than to wait for it to get to 20%).

3. Szadzik

Szadzik Member

Ratings:
    +0

I NEVER, EVER, EVER said Li-Ion batteries have memory effect!!!!!!

I said that NiMh and NiCd batteries degraded MUCH faster than Li-Ions.

4. harunjo

harunjo New Member

Ratings:
    +0

hey just cool man..we are here know already the lithium battery have no memory effect..but the peformance of lithium battery stil have a limit..

btw
    here my screenshot of sanyo external battery

Sanyo Eneloop Mobile Booster w/ Xtra Strength KBC-L2S-SP

Description : Mobile Booster with Xtra Strength ( Built in with 2p'cs of Lithium ion batteries)
    Capacity : Up to 5000 mah
    Function : As mentioned bellow
    Charging times : AC Adaptor - 7 hrs or USB Port - 14 hrs

Built-in with 2 pieces of Lithium Ion batteries, the mobile booster Xtra is compact yet high in power. It acts as a back-up power for any electronic devices when its power is running low.

Applicable for portable music players, portable games, mobile phones (most models) and electronic devices that can be charged through USB port.

Contains:
    * Li-ion Battery with 2 USB outputs and 1 DC input (KBC-L2)
    * AC Adapter (Euro 2 pin)
    * USB cable for charging KBC-L2
    * Instructions Manual

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Szadzik

Szadzik Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Every single device created by humans has its limits. I am just saying, that the limits for Li-Ion batteries are much higher than anyone is ever going to exceed and still these components are so cheap that you can buy a new one anytime without breaking the bank.

6. harunjo

harunjo New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Agree with that...the original milestone battery here is only $30

i most concern only at sanyo external battery..i hope it will perfom more than 2 year for me

7. Szadzik

Szadzik Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I would not worry. Since it is so high capacity you will not be charging it every day. I charge it every 4-5 days and provided that it will last 500 charges it will take good 4 years before it deteriorates a lot. I do not think tough, that even reaching the maximum charge cycles it will stop working, it will only loose some capacity and there are still ways to deal with such problems.

8. sreekumarpr

sreekumarpr New Member

Ratings:
    +0
  9. harunjo

harunjo New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    BatteryBoss Calls Out False Capacity Claims!

After running first the 2400 mAh for a couple of days, and getting more and more suspicious about the claimed mAh, then the 2700 mAh one and getting even more dissatisfied with that one, I decided to run a simple test to confirm my suspicions. I decided to put brightness at max, bluetooth on, leave sync on, GPS on and start up the video streaming app Qik. I ran it with live GPS tracking and left it on my living room table until it ran out of juice. First up was the standard 1350 mAh battery, it managed 110 minutes. Then the claimed 2700 mAh one, it survived 118 minutes, and at last the claimed 2400 mAh one, that managed 115 minutes. And this confirms my suspicions almost exactly, although I must admit I felt the 2400 mAh one was a bit weaker than the stock one, and the 2700 one a tiny bit better. But anyway, its so close to my experienced feelings after running them for several days at work, with very equal usage each day, that made all of them last almost the hole 8-9 hours on one charge, that I will not bother to run any more tests. Its good enough for me. So that means my claimed 2400 mAh battery is only around 1400 mAh, and my 2700 one is also only around 1400 as well. And this is batteries that are around twice as thick!

Search tags for this page
battery for milestone x
battery for motorola milestone
extended life battery for motorola milestone
extended life battery for motorola milestone x
milestone battery
motorola milestone battery

motorola milestone extended battery

motorola milestone x battery
motorola milestone x2 battery
motorola milestone x2 extended battery